X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip over camera wand

Is it possible to flip the fiber optic cable in a seesnake so the end is now in front?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Flip over camera wand

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Is it possible to flip the fiber optic cable in a seesnake so the end is now in front?
    Very good question...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for the answer to this one.

Comment

Not easily or cheaply. You could have it re terminated on both ends and flipped around.

So the answer is yes. Not sure how much a service center would charge though.

Comment

ben, i actually tried to post this last night and it was still on my screen this morning un posted when i turned on the computer. so josh beat me to the punch

it's not like a jetter hose mip thread. the camera termination is crimped to the cable.

there are some camera cable that screw together like a high end microphone jack, but those make for a stiff non flexible push rod connection.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

When our old B&W reel needed a reterm near the camera head, I inquired about reversing the reel at that time. Apparently its just as expensive to reterm the back end. Just trying to extend the life of the reel by keeping the worn end inside reel.

Comment

fiber optics dont care about direction. it'll transmit fine one way or the other. as the others have said - the connections are the issue.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
            X