My root ranger attacked me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My root ranger attacked me

It will if you accidentally hit the remote when the root ranger is out of the pipe.

I was winding things up and was holding my 1/4" jetter hose with the root ranger about a foot from the end in my left hand. The right hand accidentally hit the water on button on my wireless remote. I saw the hose come alive and grabbed for the off button. The jetter has to cycle all the way on before it cycles off. With 200' of 3/8" hose and 125' of 1/4" hose on the line, there was plenty of back pressure still left in the line when the jetter shut down.

Luckily it only danced around my arm from about 12" away. If it had planted itself against my arm, chances are I wouldn't be typing this right now.

So yes, pay attention to what you're doing as a jetter doesn't know the difference between roots and flesh.

I got real lucky this time.

Rick.

you would think water would not burn. wrong, it burns. not to mention it was 101 today.

I got real lucky. it could have been closer to me, it could have been my double barrel root ranger, it could have been my 1/2'' root ranger. I got away cheap.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-05-2013, 09:02 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: My root ranger attacked me

Do you not turn everything off before you pack up?

You need to be careful. This is a warning.

Are you getting in to big of a hurry?
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

this was a jetting job with multiple area drains. I was moving from 1 drain and going to relocate to the other.

first time this ever happened. shutting off the hose is what I did. I didn't mean to bump the on button. that's why it's an accident.

not bad for 20 years of jetting and 9.5 years with large trailer jets.

rick.

busy hot day. 101 and 3 jetting jobs on the books today.
        phoebe it is

Comment

You need to keep a sharp eye on your wounds. The high pressure can push a piece of poop or something similar through your skin, into your blood stream etc.
          One of the jetter salesman told me a horror story about someone who got hit like that. It a recipe for disaster. Don't you have free medical from a family member? Smile.
          Last edited by theplungerman; 09-05-2013, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Looks more like a surface wound. Very little skin was damaged. More of a friction, indian burn.

My brother in law warned me of the signs. I did email the photos and he didn't get back to me yet. He knows I have no life insurance so joey can't kill me off yet.

Thanks for the heads up. Might have been an opportunity to get my jetter for 1/2 off. You should have waited.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

No life insurance that you know of anyway. Haha

Comment

She takes out coverage when i go on my adventure trips. I'm like a lottery ticket.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

"I got real lucky this time"

Yes you did could have been much worse or possibly sprayed an eye out

Comment

Last edited by gear junkie; 06-02-2018, 01:53 AM.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X