X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot

A customer told me my camera price was out of line. Said Home Depot rents Ridgid Sewer cameras for $160.00 all day. Tell me its not true.

Re: Home Depot

I dont see it in their list of rentals:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cata...-x-_-x&redAB=B

Tell said customer to get the camera, do the job, then understand how to interpret the data. That's where the true cost comes into play - data interpretation.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

not aware of it either.

but I guarantee you the equipment will either get stolen or broken in a very short time.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I hope you guys are right. I think I'll stop by H. D. tomorrow and check it out.. Can't see how a rental would work out too.

Comment

I don't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
            I don't believe it.
            HD does not rent sewer cameras in the Chicago area. However, Sunbelt and a host of other local rental houses DO rent them and the rate is about $150-175 for 4 Hours and About $215-225 for an all day (24 hr) rental.

Rick is right though. Knowing what you are looking at is the key thing. Customer is paying for your skills and trained eye.

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
              A customer told me my camera price was out of line. Said Home Depot rents Ridgid Sewer cameras for $160.00 all day. Tell me its not true.
              Offer him/her a job. I would suggest it is time for you to tell them that you are too busy to fix their problem as you are late for apprentice school.

Comment

Called the H.D. store in La Habra , California, they rent sewer cameras out for $137.00 for 4 hrs. or $195.00 all day. I was trying to figure out how my last do it yourself customer found the sewer pipe and dug it up himself. I thought he called another plumber or got lucky. Guess he picked up a camera and locator when he rented the ridgid snake. Thanks Home Depot.
                Last edited by sewer rat; 09-10-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                  Called the H.D. store in La Habra , California, they rent sewer cameras out for $137.00 for 4 hrs. or $195.00 all day. I was trying to figure out how my last do it yourself customer found the sewer pipe and dug it up himself. I thought he called another plumber or got lucky. Guess he picked up a camera and locator when he rented the ridgid snake. Thanks Home Depot.
                  Yikes,

Comment

Thanks Home Depot.
                    Around here the HDs have "pro parking only" under the canopy right outside the contractor entrance.
                    I guess that's all the break you get around here from them. I have not seen cameras for rent in the one
                    HD in my area that has a rental center, but other rental places have them.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X