O no wax!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O no wax!

Went and did a camera job where they had the toilet already pulled. Run camera through and pull it out and there was wax in the spring. In the grooves not really inside the spring.
    Is there any easy way to remove this gooey magnet from the spring?
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Re: O no wax!

The spring can be removed with the camera spanner tool. Then it can be easily cleaned with solvent. But I wouldn't use anything harsh if it's still installed. Maybe some simple green, nothing too strong with all the electrical connectors and insulation.

Try a wet scrub like we use for our grimey hands. Should easily remove most of the wax.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      The spring can be removed with the camera spanner tool. Then it can be easily cleaned with solvent. But I wouldn't use anything harsh if it's still installed. Maybe some simple green, nothing too strong with all the electrical connectors and insulation.

Try a wet scrub like we use for our grimey hands. Should easily remove most of the wax.

Rick.
      I will use this as my thank you button. Thank you Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
        Went and did a camera job where they had the toilet already pulled. Run camera through and pull it out and there was wax in the spring. In the grooves not really inside the spring.
        Is there any easy way to remove this gooey magnet from the spring?

Sounds like you're kind of anal like me

What Rick said^^^^^^^^

Comment

Wax is like grease. It goes from one thing to the next. Spreading everywhere. Best to get rid of right away. Plus I paid mucho money for this camera system so I must take care of it so it will take care of me.

Comment

Hey Rick could you use a mixture of steam and hot water, being very careful of course. I too was brought up to look after your tools and, if ever you borrow someone else's return in as good if not better than before you got it. Try not to borrow but still a sucker for the odd lending to others. Gotta get a sign n the shop saying the above I think. Problem is not everyone has respect anymore

Comment

I wouldn't expose the camera spring to any hot water or steam unless the spring was not installed. Too much electronics, espelcially the expensinve transmitter sitting right inside.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Point taken. Thankyou Rick

Comment

Doesn't simple green destroy aluminum? Not sure if there is any on the camera or not, but I wouldn't spray Simple Green on it.
                  Will Rogers Plumbing
                  Moore, Oklahoma
                  (
                  405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                  http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                    Doesn't simple green destroy aluminum? Not sure if there is any on the camera or not, but I wouldn't spray Simple Green on it.
                    The directions say to use 1:10 ratio with aluminum.
                    For stainless steel the directions say the ratio is 1:30.

Comment

Working...
                    X