What kind of sewer pipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of sewer pipe?

What kind of sewer pipe do you think this is?
    Around here black pipe would be cast iron, black plastic, or orangeburg.
    Why is one all black and the other one have white on the top?
    Name:  1d1ca4e4c9e8bf940b28a35183dc8e68.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  188.0 KBName:  5210fadc2bc04b971267ea4905b4fedb.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  172.3 KB
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Re: What kind of sewer pipe?

looks like abs or hdpe (can't tell unless there is points, or bumps) the white is grease.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I'm strongly leaning towards orangeburg.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

This is a residental house. Just pass the foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          I'm strongly leaning towards orangeburg.
          It does look like there is some texture to the sidewall but I can't see the pics too well.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My guess is also orangeburg, but can it be concrete. Interesting with the dark water mark. That's why I think concrete or asbestos cement.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I vote for concrete.

Comment

Could be Orangeburg BUT....

it's in too good of shape that close to the house. At 18 feet out it would be severely deformed on the bottom and starting to pucker by now. That picture shows it's pretty smooth. The top of the pipe is clean and visible in the other picture at 39 feet. It's white which makes me believe it's Transite. In this area, it was only allowed as a building sewer and not part of the building drain.

Comment

What little concrete I have seen it is gray and you can see the little rocks.
                  Transite seems to stay round and is light in color. It has been a long time sense I have seen this as a sewer pipe.
                  Asbestos cement I have not seen.
                  ABS is more smooth on the inside.
                  hdpe is to new I think for this house.
                  If you click on the pic you can see it better. 18 feet out is just outside the house. The pipe looks round. It is all black because the sewer was backed up in this area. At 39 feet the sewer was not holding water. The black pipe is were the water line is(from being unplugged). The white stuff is some kind of powder. The water does not get up that high. I have seen this before in clay pipe. Not sure what it is. You can see how the top of the pipe is not round and the walls are not smooth. So I am thinking it is orangeburg.

Comment

I'm going with Orangeburg. I see the white stuff fairly often around here and its more common on orangeburg and clay. What is it? I have no idea, i call it a fungus. it's almost crystal like in that it shimmers in the camera light with tiny spots of red, blue,green. It's never a thick build up like grease but always just a thin layer.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                      I'm going with Orangeburg. I see the white stuff fairly often around here and its more common on orangeburg and clay. What is it? I have no idea, i call it a fungus. it's almost crystal like in that it shimmers in the camera light with tiny spots of red, blue,green. It's never a thick build up like grease but always just a thin layer.
                      Good description. Sounds like your sewers look like what I have seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X