Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2" CI ptrap--camera?

Re-2" CI P trap
    Have you tried your mini seesnake thru the trap. I run into 2" CI p traps under slab on wash machine drains a lot. I can normally snake with K50 5/8 cable with cutter head first. I have managed to run mini seesnake thru after snaking. You may also want to check out Prototek they have a good selection of transmitters and spring carriers for Ridgid 5/8 and 7/8 cables. They also have 2 different small transmitters that fit on a greenlee fish tape. Both transmitters work in cast iron 512hz.

Comment

I say not to ci traps. too hard on the camera equipment. plus I can usually remove a trap on a lav if need be or run from a roof vent.

i'm finding the rm200 my go to machine for everything. it's got a smaller self leveling head and better , stiffer nick free push rod than the mini. used it all day today on 25 cleanouts I camered.

11 of the 36 I had scheduled no access as the owners were not home. still 25 with full digital recording and an hq report is nice.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by buyfield View Post

GearJunkie, i thought long and hard before i got the mini, 3 years ago, and was hoping it would suffice for 2" ci. i have had pretty good success in 2" ci with it, but you're saying, obviously, if i had both to choose from, i would reach for the D65s with 2"--so what do you like about it over the mini in 2" ci? it takes me (a one man operation) a long time to pay for anything like this, and it's more to store, and my general mentality is that if the mini will basically do 2" ci, then i would make do with it. is it just convenience of transport, ease of pushing, or is it that the d65s will end up going further in, or negotiate tight bends that the mini will not? perhaps you will persuade me. i would rather be persuaded now than in 3 years, so persuade away! Maybe the reason i should get it is that it does plastic ptraps just fine (right?), and there's plenty of that around. if the 65 drops down a san tee better, maybe that's a compelling enough reason for me. ability to go thru toilets--not sure how compelling--not going to be driving around with the monitor and camera usually for stopped up toilet calls (pickup, not van). but again, rather be persuaded now than in three years.
        I see alot of 1-1/2 vents and 1-1/2" cleanouts above the 2" pipe. Also I have to deal with tight spaces so having the D65S becomes a natural choice. I'm also a one man shop but have more then paid off the D65S through work from the smaller inspection abilities. BTW....The sonde carrier Kirk recommend is the one I have. He suggested the same one to me, I really like it. Marvin is awesome but I've really grown to trust Kirk's opinion and I don't like to monopolize Marvin's time.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Kirk, has learned a lot since he started to work at AJ Coleman, and he knows sometimes its best to ask Marvin. I talk to either or, only reason I suggest Marvin is I grew up around his shop and my father always told me " Marv knows best" So I always seem to ask for Marv first.

Its great to see others now recommending to call A J Coleman, a few years back I used to get made fun of for always saying Call AJ Coleman. Guess lots of good folks has learned what I always known.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            Kirk, has learned a lot since he started to work at AJ Coleman, and he knows sometimes its best to ask Marvin. I talk to either or, only reason I suggest Marvin is I grew up around his shop and my father always told me " Marv knows best" So I always seem to ask for Marv first.

Its great to see others now recommending to call A J Coleman, a few years back I used to get made fun of for always saying Call AJ Coleman. Guess lots of good folks has learned what I always known.

I think if anyone was poking fun at you it was only because you sound like a broken record/said it so many times

Comment

well, heck, Gear Junkie, if you have the same one they're sending me on monday, which i will attach to k50 5/8, and if you get through 2" ci ptraps, then you are the consummate opinion! i was assuming you had the ridgid sonde. but regardless, will be touching base with kirk, monday, anyway.

The mini is supposed to do 1.5” vents, right. I know plastic is no problem. Actually, I’d be perfectly happy to be talked into getting a 65, so I’m just thinking aloud.

thx!

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                I think if anyone was poking fun at you it was only because you sound like a broken record/said it so many times
                And I will keep telling everyone I meet, or asks to call AJ Coleman for their sewer equipment needs. And any Ridgid plumbing tools too. He has Propress, locators, wrenches, tubing cutters and a whole lot more. AssTyme, if you can make it down here you should go and visit Marv and Kirk.

Comment

Scoot over Ron, I guess I'm part of the broken record club as well.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Marvin says . . . of the three, the ridgid sonde stands a better chance of getting through than the rycom/epl sonde, but that the microdrain stands a better chance than either of the sondes. at least for a trap that i'm dropping straight into, like a WM. and recommended the dishsoap.

Comment

Buyfield do you wan to swap problems. I currently have a urinal waste which is 70/30 brass and I have absolutely no idea which way it goes. Stuffed small cable trying to get through to relieve blockage. Cant get small jetter hose through either. Lots of concrete and no idea where to start. Client hasn't decided on fix yet

Comment

The only issue I ever had with 2" cast iron P-traps is the ones with the clean out plug at the bottom of the trap. Rods. camera and anything else I stick down there gets stuck in the trap opening. Of course when I run into these style traps its on a second floor and the access to the plug from below is 30' up and above a nicely finished room

Comment

SewerRatz, so otherwise you successfully get the microdrain through?

Comment

Originally posted by buyfield View Post
                            SewerRatz, so otherwise you successfully get the microdrain through?
                            I was able to get the sonde carrier through. I have yet to own a microdrain. I have got to use one at the roundup and I was surprised at how easy it was to get through a 1 1/2" sink trap, so I would think it would go through a 2" trap with ease.

Comment

ron, remember that was an abs plastic trap and not a rough 2'' cast iron trap. I can tell you old cast traps are not that easy and rough on the camera spring and pushrod. lots of soap and don't over ram as you could snap the push rod.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                I say not to ci traps. too hard on the camera equipment. plus I can usually remove a trap on a lav if need be or run from a roof vent.

i'm finding the rm200 my go to machine for everything. it's got a smaller self leveling head and better , stiffer nick free push rod than the mini. used it all day today on 25 cleanouts I camered.

11 of the 36 I had scheduled no access as the owners were not home. still 25 with full digital recording and an hq report is nice.

rick.
                                Rick
                                In my area (central florida) it was common practice to run 2" cast iron drain to wash machine and install p trap under slab with cast iron standpipe . If the kitchen stack was within 25ft of the wash machine they were not required to have a stack at the wash machine. Because of this the only way to clean or camera this portion of the system is thru the standpipe and p trap.

Comment

Working...
                                X