X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewer cameras

I know this is going to be an easy question but, what are the chances of getting a good sewer camera at a decent price? Ive looked at ridgid, view rite , electric eel , and Spartan but ive been intrigued by a model called viztrac from amazing machinery $2, 500.00 130'reel 7" monitor 512hrz sonde and locator package , anyone out there have experience with these? Im just tired of giving away camera jobs and renting them.

Re: sewer cameras

don't know anything about that camera. 60 degree field of view is pretty narrow. wide angle is the better view.

that locator is not going to be fun. chances are you will have to triangulate to get depth and that takes time and 4 precision locates with a clear line of path.

if you buy their camera, save the money on the locator and buy a ridgid scout locator. you'll at least have a great quality locator with easy to get locations and depths.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
      I know this is going to be an easy question but, what are the chances of getting a good sewer camera at a decent price? Ive looked at ridgid, view rite , electric eel , and Spartan but ive been intrigued by a model called viztrac from amazing machinery $2, 500.00 130'reel 7" monitor 512hrz sonde and locator package , anyone out there have experience with these? Im just tired of giving away camera jobs and renting them.
      This question is a lot more common than you might think. Those who pick other that Ridgid will swear by their decision until they start swearing at their decision. Eventually they will end up with Ridgid.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Take it from me. I know. I'm going to take a beating for this but...

It's the same manufacturer as Southcoast Equipment! They have so many companies... Anyway, if you're poor, like I was. And your boss told you that it's your fault because their (not you) camera guy got it wrong and the sewer snake got stuck. Buy it to CYA but don't use it much. Then yes, buy that one, but expect that the head to fail at frequent intervals. Expect repair costs to be $600 every time you send it back. Expect the company to go OOB at frequent intervals and then start up as another company AND not be 'able' to repair the old equipment.

Long story short - cheap is OK to CYA. Other than that, if you do this as a business, buy the best, as I will be doing in the future once my $2500 CYA investment fails for the last time.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I looked long and hard at every sewer camera out there before I decided to get a ridgid. I went with the Color Compact because it was affordable to me (a fairly new start) and looked like it would fit my needs. the camera paid for itself within 1 year. it gets used almost every day. not only for my peace of mind but to show the client were/if there is an issue. buck up spend the $$$ once and be done with it. I agree with getting the Scout. so simple, even I can use it :>)
          Last edited by stxrus; 11-07-2013, 03:06 PM.
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I started a thread 2 or 3 years ago here tracking my revenue (just camera and locate fees)generated by my Seesnake Compact and Scout locator. I paid off the $6000 or so investment in about 10 months, doubled it in about 15 months then saw no reason to continue the thread. I've done (once) 4 camera and/or locate jobs in a single day. Of course few customers say no to a repair/replacement proposal after the camera proves the problem.

My camera travels around in a 1/4" luan/plywood box and it's original foam packing and looks like I bought it yesterday. The biggest problem is shifting the camera between our 3 vans or needing it in 2 different areas simultaneously. I should mention the service behind the equipment as well. My Ridgid rep demos equipment with a single phone call. Broken camera, locator, etc? Use their's while your's is in for service.

Buy the Ridgid.

David

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              This question is a lot more common than you might think. Those who pick other that Ridgid will swear by their decision until they start swearing at their decision. Eventually they will end up with Ridgid.

Mark
              Seriously Mark, you know are right again. Saving up at present for the Plumber Rick special. Unfortunately we have the Downunder Tax which makes it quite a lot more than you guys pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
                I started a thread 2 or 3 years ago here tracking my revenue (just camera and locate fees)generated by my Seesnake Compact and Scout locator. I paid off the $6000 or so investment in about 10 months, doubled it in about 15 months then saw no reason to continue the thread. I've done (once) 4 camera and/or locate jobs in a single day. Of course few customers say no to a repair/replacement proposal after the camera proves the problem.

My camera travels around in a 1/4" luan/plywood box and it's original foam packing and looks like I bought it yesterday. The biggest problem is shifting the camera between our 3 vans or needing it in 2 different areas simultaneously. I should mention the service behind the equipment as well. My Ridgid rep demos equipment with a single phone call. Broken camera, locator, etc? Use their's while your's is in for service.

Buy the Ridgid.

David
                And here lies the heart of OUR PROBLEM DOWNUNDER. Ridgid USA treats you guys with respect. Downunder we are lucky to see a rep let alone get any information about nay ridged products let alone new ones. We get most of our information here and educate Ridgid Australia on their own products. No thanks to Ridgid Australia, it is all USA, there is no comparison. As said before, spend the bucks and get on with making money.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice I purchased a view rite used on ebay works good just wondering if there's avway to bypass their monitor and useva laptop just for larger viewing

Comment

I mean it looks good , stupid fat fingers causing typos ,

Comment

You can use any monitor with RCA. You could use a laptop, but you would need video capture software and a USB adapter . Best buy sells it as the Dazzle for converting analog to digital.

Comment

Any luck with a gator cam seen one today for 900 with a monitor blk /white but I dont know if he misspelled his listing but he said its blue n white I never heard of that

Comment

Working...
                        X