X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proper equiptment storage

Hello gentlemen!! Since the winter cold here in chicago is approaching , what do u guys suggest on the sewer cameras? Bring them inside everynight after the last call or r they ok in the cold truck? Im just nervous I bought a camera used and broke it on the 2nd job of the day (only paid 700$ for it) but it paid for it self on those two calls my question is im going to buy a new one tomorrow and I know while were working and driving from call to call and on the jobs there ok but what about when youre done ? Bring them inside or leave um in the truck overnight ? 6k is alot to risk and with the cold weather and electronic s, im nervous .

Re: proper equiptment storage

cold weather might affect some monitors. depending on the operating temperatures your equipment requires and where you park, inside or outside will dictate your choice.

I feel that if you drag your equipment inside and back outside on a daily basis, you stand a better chance of damaging it just by doing that.

i'm in sunny calif, and I don't take mine in and out.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

It gets really cold here in Buffalo. I park outside and uncovered. My equipment always works fine and I never take it in at last call.
      My propress on the other hand will require a 1-2 hour warm up in the winter. If I'm hard pressed for time I will put it on the dash as I head out to the job.

Comment

I built a 1/4" luan plywood box for my camera and reused the original foam padding. Keeps it protected against damage, maybe even theft. Fortunately I am too far south to offer cold weather advice.

David

Comment

Then old CRT monitors are fine in the cold. Not so sure about the new LCD monitors. I would be worried in low temps. That or frost and/or condensation on the circuit boards.
          I would bring the monitor inside . I think the reel should be ok.
          What setup are you getting ?

Comment

I think This is a great question. It reminds me of a guy who got a Crappy trailer and pulled his rooter equipment around. In a short amount of time his equipment rattled loose. No shocks.
            So with this in mind, what I did was store my monitor and locator on soft pads in the van to eliminate any if all vibrations. After over 10 years they still work like the day I got them. As for the cold storage I'm happy to report I have no idea. When it gets below 40 like once or twice in the morning here I think how in the heck do you guys back east etc work. My hats off to you

Comment

My manual said the CS10 storage range is 14F to 158F and the operating temp is 32F to 104F.
              And for the seesnake mini the storage range is -4F to 158F and the operating temp is 32F to 104F.
              Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

I can tell you from years of use none of my camreas, monitors, and locating equipment has never locked me out or not functioned properly when actually using in well below 32f.

Comment

My camera equipment are stored on my truck in a specially made up tool box and my work truck is in a lock up garage attached to my house out of the weather you can tell what sort of tradesman they are by how they store and look after their tools of trade for without them they are nothing.

Tony

Comment

I have the rigid compact real and I have a rugged heavy duty laptop that I use as a monitor LCD so I can bring the laptop in every night that's no problem I was just concerning about the real I don't think it should be a problem

Comment

I also have another camera it was cheap but it does a really good job it's made by a company in Tennessee where the monitor and the recorder and everything is built on the cart that I don't think I can remove got a LCD monitor 8 inch screen that was my concern I use that one for nasty lines like crawlspaces and sink lines and catch basinsthis way when I'm doing it from an outside clean out or so stack the customer can see the quality camera don't want to break the good one

Comment

How ware you using the laptop as a monitor? Are you using the LT1000 interface?

Comment

I've had cables not want to go in and out of drums properly
                          on these cold Minnesota Winters.

A test for all.
                          Last edited by fixitright; 11-23-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

the guy that I bought it from had it already setup like that I'm not exactly 100 percent sure of how we did it or what he used but that's what I use I don't know if he rewired something I accidentally put compact it's the full-size rigid real not the new one probably about 4 years old

Comment

@fix it right I know what you mean buddy I'm in Chicago and it's awesome when you're riding from an outside clean out and the frickin cable cable gets stuck to your gloves when they freeze

Comment

Working...
                              X