Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I make my own RM200 monitor/interface?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I make my own RM200 monitor/interface?

I've decided to purchase an RM 200 reel. What exactly would it take to combine an led monitor, recorder, keyboard and microphone in a hard case so that I can get exactly what i want without spending $4,000 on a Ridgid monitor that should cost $200 and that looks like its from 1985...... I see some aftermarket setups on ebay so obviously some have figured out how to recreate the Ridgid interface.

Re: Can I make my own RM200 monitor/interface?

Look at the newer cs6. Shoukd be around $1800. And is a great digital monitor, recorder. Works with a 18 volt battery abd records on a usb thumb drive.

Works like a charm and has all the bells and whistles to properly power the camera, led's and sonde.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Wow ballsy move to come up on the ridgid forum to ask how to sidestep their product AND tell them how much their product should cost.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The cs6 is designed to dock with the rm200. I have seen it in person. Hands down the best monitor for the money. Battery power is very helpful in case you hit a live line. It does more than the CS10 at half the price !

You can make your own with a power supply but it is honestly not worth the hassle and headaches you will get down the road.

$200 is not a reasonable cost . 1800 for a professional grade piece of eqiuiment that will make you a ton of money is perfectly reasonable IMHO.

Comment

I don't think it's ballsy to want a product that Ridgid doesn't make yet. I like the design of General's new monitor because it's in a hard case and compact I and wish that Ridgid made a similiar one. They can charge whatever they want but we all know how cheap small screens and burners are now so if you want to pay $4,000 for some proprietary internal cables/connections then that's your business........... but I'm sure as hell not spending that for a CS-10 that looks like it was made by Atari. Thanks for the CS-6 recommendation Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
            I don't think it's ballsy to want a product that Ridgid doesn't make yet. I like the design of General's new monitor because it's in a hard case and compact I and wish that Ridgid made a similiar one. They can charge whatever they want but we all know how cheap small screens and burners are now so if you want to pay $4,000 for some proprietary internal cables/connections then that's your business........... but I'm sure as hell not spending that for a CS-10 that looks like it was made by Atari. Thanks for the CS-6 recommendation Rick!

Really........... what have you against Atari ? For the most part I love the way my CS-10 looks & performs

The CS-6 screen size would be too small for my liking but to each his own.
            Last edited by AssTyme; 12-04-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Quit thinking 4k for a monitor and think of either buying the laptop interface or the cs6 price is way down I have seen nice laptop interfaces at around 1g on ebay, no weird wiring just plug it in and go.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I personally think general wire cameras and monitors are crap. Good luck getting it repaired when it goes down

Comment

Do you guys recommend the navitrack 2 or scout to go along with the RM200/CS6 combo? What extra functions does the 2 have? Thanks.

Comment

For just doing sewer locates the scout is fine, it costs less and can do ok on utility's also. The Navitrack or the Seektech stuff costs more but for locating water or gas or electrical it puts the scout to shame. So if you plan to do locates in the future get a seekteck or navitrack if just sewer locates a scout will work just fine.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                    X