X-4 batteries for my CS-6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-4 batteries for my CS-6?

Would I be able to use my X-4 18v lith-ion cordless tool batteries for my CS-6 monitor? It almost looks the same from pics that I've seen and it would be nice to not have another 2 batteries plus charger on my truck...... besides the whole $350.00 for two batteries and a charger......... Thanks.

Re: X-4 batteries for my CS-6?

Don't own the x4 batteries. but I doubt they will work.. but the Makita 18 volt do work on it. so do the prepress 18 volt ridgid batteries.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry Rick but do not use the Makita 18 volt they have a major issue with being able to charge once the charger feels there is a fault whether real or not and they just are not chargeable. Once the charger lables them as bad even if they are not it will no longer charge the batteries. And the X-4 is not the same form factor, to use ridgid batteries you need to look toward the propress line of tools only they have just came out with a higher rated battery for the big propress tools that works in the seesnake line.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Havent heard about Makita's chargers giving up on batteries. Is this a Makita Charger with the Makita batteries? I know you cant cross over between RIDGID and Makita as far as charging but didnt know they had issues charging their own batteries???

BTW... just for clarity.

Makita batteries CAN be used with the SeeSnake line of tools.

RIDGID batteries can NOT be charged by a makita charger and vise versa. Just make sure you charge your batteries with the right charger.

Josh

Comment

• Swade Plumbing
          Swade Plumbing commented
          Editing a comment
          So I CAN use any Makita batteries in my CS6? I was under the impression that you had to use only the new Ridgid batteries in the CS6

Hey Josh! Yea a while back you wrote that I could use the Makita 18v so I bought 2 of them a drill and a charger lasted about 1 year then even though the batteries where about half charged when placed in the charger it thinks there is a fault so it labels them bad somehow and will never charge them, I googled it and found it was a huge problem people where complaining about with no fix except to buy new batteries. I just bought some of the new 18v Ridgid and have a worthless drill.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Was that on a propress or a camera.

Propress has a large amp draw. Cameras little draw.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

So does this mean its possible to use makita 18v lith on my dvdpak2?

Comment

O
              Originally posted by northstar View Post
              So does this mean its possible to use makita 18v lith on my dvdpak2?
              I have the original dvdpak not the dvdpak2.

the makitas work fine. Used them for years until I switched over to the cs6.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                Was that on a propress or a camera.

Propress has a large amp draw. Cameras little draw.

Rick.

Rick, the batteries we get with the Veiga 4B Tool appear to be ridgid under disguise. The only difference is the little yellow Veiga logo on the bottom.
                Talking of batteries and picking up on your point, press tools draw high amps where cameras don't should I be mixing it up and swapping my camera battery with the press tool to get them working or does this bugga the batteries..........????
                You guys are lucky over there paying $350 for two batteries and a charger. Here we get absolutely reamed for a minimum $500.00 per battery. I haven't heard a legitimate excuse yet why mind you..............!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  O

I have the original dvdpak not the dvdpak2.

the makitas work fine. Used them for years until I switched over to the cs6.

Rick.

Rick, your opinion please on the DVD & DVD2 and what advances when you go to the cs6.

BTW we got screwed here because the DVD was still being sold when you had the DVD2 released over there. Is there a cs6 version 2 yet??????????????????
                  I know we sook up here a bit but maybe we could have a roundup downunder one year and get the jump on you guys. -always the bridesmaid, never the bride......................!!!!

Comment

the dvdpak had to be updated to the dvdpak2 since the original sony unit changed.

the cs6 is amazing and a lot less expensive. it allows for a thumb drive digital recording, allows you to play back on the monitor with sound your video and still shots. then you could edit from the cs6 or much faster from a laptop with the free hq software. you can email reports, burn dvd's send to ridgid connect, youtube and keep a copy in your computer or thumb drive.

I copy the thumb drive onto the customers computer in a matter of minutes with all the photos and video. I also create a report on my laptop at home and email it to them with all the photos and remarks. it even shows a google earth image of the property. the email reports are amazing for the customer to see the actual issues.

the best part about the cs6 is the cost. it's the least expensive setup and the most portable too. great for taking on roofs and since its a battery powered unit, it's super fast to setup and move from spot to spot.

my dvdpak is sitting on the shelf the last 4 months waiting for the cs6 to quit. keep on waiting, the cs6 is here to stay.

ill be the first to sign up for a roundup downunder. i'll bring my #1 helper too, little phoebe aka piper.

get bill to host it at his place if need be.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, what size batteries are you guys getting over there????? We only have the 2.2a/hr lithium.

Comment

Off the top of my head, 3ah.

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

So I am totally confused. The CS6 operator's manual says only to use the designated batteries and charger, but it sounds like Josh is saying that you can in fact use makita batteries, but does that apply to the new CS6 and CS10? I thought they required the new ridgid batteries that are specially made for them????

Comment

Working...
                          X