Color compact skids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color compact skids

The ball guides work well but I need other options. Does anyone know what other camrea skids will work with the color compact?

Re: Color compact skids

I use the ball guides and have no issues. the star guides will never go on my camera again.

what are you trying to accomplish? pipe size? etc?

I have heard of folks taking foam balls, like splash bombs, and cutting them. routing out the inside and gaff taping them back together. I never tried it myself, so YMMV
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Are you using the all guides with the 2 metal U clips? Or the newer ones with the plastic red and blue slide clips?

Curious as to which one you use and which ones you like better.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I've got the old black guides with the metal clips. are the newer ones "better"? and if they are how so?
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Call Terry @ All Star Sewer, he can make you some solid plastic guides that I find work the best by far. Smooth & slippery with a tapered edge.
          Last edited by AssTyme; 12-23-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            I've got the old black guides with the metal clips. are the newer ones "better"? and if they are how so?

actually stick with the old guides with metal clips. much easier to install and they stay put.

had a long conversation about this last week with some other camera guys,

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Rick I also use and prefer the older guides with metallic clips. The problem that keeps coming up is that in old cast with minor bellies my lens is right at the water line. I need something bigger for 4" mains.

Comment

Working...
              X