X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid microexplorer handheld inspection opinions please

So the wand to my generation 1 microexplorer finally broke...right behind the camera head just as others have said. Anyway I really like my microexplorer and see it's a definite need on the van but should I buy another wand or should I upgrade to the CA25, CA100 or even the CA300 model?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Ridgid microexplorer handheld inspection opinions please

I have the ca300. It is well worth the cost for me. I use mine most often with the digital adapter to record my sewer inspections to the SD card . I have 2 extensions and use it all the time for locating leaks, risers, stacks , etc before taking out the sawzall.

Comment

I've had my wand replaced twice under warranty in 4 years. Never been an issue. I love the self leveling feature of the MicroExplorer. The CA-300 lacks that. Either way, the replacement wand is cheaper than a new unit.
      Ben, do you have a adapter for your microdrain?

Comment

I still am using the micro explorers I thought about the newer models but just could not justify it since the micro explorers do what I need.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I don't have the adapter. What are your thoughts?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Is Berry talking about the digital adapter? I have it and could not get along without it.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

what is it?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You remove the camera head and push the adapter on then you can use the micro as a monitor or hook it to like a DVD Pak and take stills or record.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

For a mini seesnake or just the d65S model? I have the toolbox monitor.....could I use the CA300 to record to digital? I'm currently using the sony dvd recorder.

Another thought I have is to buy a CS6 then buy a wand for my micro.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thats the whole deal Ben instead of going to get the other monitor you just hook the ME up to the toolbox monitor video output and take pics or record, but no audio unless you also buy the video output adapter (not needed)
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

You do not need the 300 just buy a new camera head for the ME and the digital adapter on ebay they are like $92
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        Is Berry talking about the digital adapter? I have it and could not get along without it.
                        I have both adapters for the ME. The innerconnect cord for the MicroDrain/Micro Reel and the RCA adapter to record from anything that has a RCA connection. Big time saver when a big monitor is not needed for a quick inspection.

Comment

Working...
                        X