X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Locator

I used to do the same thing without the duct tape so I can't tell if you're joking or serious
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      I used to have a difficult time sonde locating with the scout when I first started. I watched the scout instructional video and the tips of watching the number really helped and now I have no issues with finding the sonde quickly.
      When you are on the wrong side of the structure and say 70 ft away,,, is it easy to get to the sonde or do you have to start guessing how much you have in line etc.. My Navitrack 1 has this flowing circular arrow that went clockwise when closer, counter when father away. It was major idiot proof.

Comment

I think it's easy enough....but I also thought the root ranger is easy so we may have two different definitions lol. But seriously, I've had 5 corner houses this week where I wasn't sure if the house came out the front or to the side. By watching the numbers and lining up the manholes I was able to find the sonde in 2 minutes or less every time. Furthest distance from the house was 128', closest was 80. Keep in mind i've never used the navitrack and am still getting used to the scout for line trace but for sonde it's too easy.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

In long Beach lining up manholes dosn't always equate. I've had several recently that didn't go where the manholes suggested.
          Are the numbers good enough.
          I was 140 feet in the direction I never would have thought it would go. And found it easy.
          If I'm to far away the numbers go berserk and all over the place. But the arrow going clockwise and counter was easy until I get there then switch to second screen when the numbers stop jumping.
          But I'm worried with the scout that it's just nervous numbers and noise until I get close. Thanks

Comment

I see the SR-20 web page no longer had links to any of the training videos.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/seektech-sr20-locator

They are still on YT

---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Why don't you ask a ridgid rep to come drop one off so you can try it? The numbers seem "nervous" at first but one will be higher.....that's the one you want. But the arrows seem to be a step forward.....I'd stick with that system since you're comfortable with it.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Why don't you ask a ridgid rep to come drop one off so you can try it? The numbers seem "nervous" at first but one will be higher.....that's the one you want. But the arrows seem to be a step forward.....I'd stick with that system since you're comfortable with it.
                I wish I could,, a preliminary diagnosis was my board is shot. And a new board would be different software.

Comment

right now today on ebay there is a brand new seektech sr20 with case and 5 watt transmitter for $1400 free shipping this is a great! Deal
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

with a sr20 you can point it at an angle toward the street and follow a signal great no cars to worry about, of course to zero in you must go over the object. I have a navitrack and though it was better than the scout because you do not have to turn it the weight was a factor. Just get your hands on one and you will buy it and owe me a beer.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Wow, on my way to eBay, if you would've sent me the link I would have bought you 2 beers. Lol,, thanks

Comment

Ridgid 21893 SR 20 Seektech Locator with St 305 Line Transmitter and Case | eBay

I almost bought it to sell the 5 watt and have a sr20 for both hands lol
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                          with a sr20 you can point it at an angle toward the street and follow a signal great no cars to worry about, of course to zero in you must go over the object. I have a navitrack and though it was better than the scout because you do not have to turn it the weight was a factor. Just get your hands on one and you will buy it and owe me a beer.
                          Wait a minute,,, the weight was a factor? Are you strength deficient. Lol

Comment

it was just listed and used sr20 go for $1800 with no transmitter it will be gone within an hour
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                              Wait a minute,,, the weight was a factor? Are you strength deficient. Lol
                              Hold it at an angle towards the street and walk for a couple blocks lol
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Did you get it?
                                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                                X