mini pushrod; red vs. black

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini pushrod; red vs. black

I miss my old black pushrod. Red is just a little stiffer. It gets very stubborn at letting the aft end of the leader spring around bends, especially 2 90's in quick succession. I could not get into a stack from a pulled toilet the other day. 3" cast iron. 2' straight down, 90 to horizontal, ~12" to san-t at stack. could get the cam and spring in and look down, but the stiff pushrod would not make the san-t.

Anyone else run into this? Solutions? Is the old black mini rod still available? Is there anything in between mini red and micro-reel/compact red?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: mini pushrod; red vs. black

Alex, a few months back I had a repeat call at a home with only a 1.5" cleanout serving the master bathroom. Years earlier, I couldn't get my seesnake mini to navigate through the variety of turns to enter the main and downstream. Neither could the person prior to this customer finding me. Needless to say I wasn't able to perform a complete inspecintion of the master bathroom where they thought their problem was.as it turned out it also affected the guest bathroom too.

Then a few months back I was called back for another stoppage that they thought was just the master again. Now armed with the new rm200 camera and pushrod, I was able to get from the 1.5" co to the 4" common main about 80' away.

Now with over 50 inspections on the rm200 I've removed my full size seesnake and will probabluy remove my seesnake mini soon from my van. The reports produced by the cs6 and ultra portability of the all battery powered unit is amazing. I then load the complete digital file with video and stills onto their computer before I leave. Go home and then email the hq report from my laptop.

Anyone looking for what I feel is the best setup to have, check out the rm200 and cs6 monitor before you make a decision on anything else. I'm getting more footage and easier pushes with the newer pushrod. The all battery and docking handle makes setup and relocations a quick task.

Not sure what's my favorite now. The rm200/cs6 or the k60. Fortunately they don't replace each other. So for inspections it's the rm200/cs6 and for drain cleaning it's still the k60.

See if your local rep has a rm200 reel with him to demo. If not come out here for a show and tell session and a little fun in the sun. It's a win win business trip. Make it by saturday and you can attend the trade show in long beach where they will have 1 to play with too.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, you seem to be the only one showing any love for the rm200

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Comment

so, next time I need a new pushrod, why not just have the mini rebuilt with the rm200 rod?
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

alex, it's a combination of cable, spring and ultra small camera. not sure if a pushrod is adaptable at this time to fit the mini. good question for irguy.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

The biggest issue I hear about the RM200 is the amount of light in 6". Rick can you post some pics of how it looks in 6" pipe? Is it the same kind of push rod material that's on the D65S?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              Rick, you seem to be the only one showing any love for the rm200

Correct me if I'm wrong...

that's probably true on this forum. but i'm sure i'm not the only person using a rm200.

like anything new, somebody is going to be first and with good results others will follow.

the k-60 was rarely talked about 5 years ago, now it's the #1 machine in the lineup.

like I said, with all the cameras I have to chose from, the rm200 has done everything I've thrown at it. no, I don't do toilets with it or attempt traps. i'm sure it will do some traps, but it's something I just don't do

if I posted the 50+ hq reports ive generated with the cs6 and rm200, i'm sure everyone would be sold on it. it's the easiest to setup and capture the moment with. it also allows me to keep a digital copy on my computer and email my reports. my customers and my other plumbing contractors love the finished product.

my guess is the rm200 technology will replace everything in the future. the 1'' self leveling camera is amazing and the pushrod is slick and straight. it's also very tuff as it doesn't scuff easily. the longer it rides in my truck, the more equipment i'm removing from my truck. gone is the full size seesnake and soon is the seesnake mini. eventually the micro reel and micro drain. it's that universal.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

So how does the RM200 pushrod do on galv test tees which btw is the worst cleanout ever used!
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  So how does the RM200 pushrod do on galv test tees which btw is the worst cleanout ever used!

as far as I know, they don't make a gal test tee. it should be a cast iron durham test tee you have. of course it's a tight turn tee with a sharp leading edge. fortunately this is a tee that's an entry point and yes, I've had to deal with those. a guide hose will help or a pvc electrical 45 or 90 used at the opening to protect the cable and act as a shoe horn.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

lol, that what I meant.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      it's a combination of cable, spring and ultra small camera.
                      Rick, you are correct, the combination of these components delivers the results that you are seeing and they are only available on the rM200.

Comment

Can anyone post some comparison pictures of 6" pipe between the mini and the RM200?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                        X