Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Mount for the CS6

RAMĀ® TOUGH-CLAW

Might be very cool to incorporate the CS6 with a Ram ball so the CS6 can be mounted on the frame of any camera and mounted in a lockable 360 degree clamp. I use one for my gps and these things are bulletproof. By having the CS6 on the frame of the camera, you can reduce the footprint in tight spaces when inspecting.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Ram Mount for the CS6

ben, did you notice that the ball mounts you linked to are not available until 4/14/14 and 5/14/14

the cs6 has a mount built for the rm200 handle assy. similar to that of the micro reel and micro drain.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

They have other products that would work as well. True it has a mount built in but it's stationary. The ram mounts are 360 degrees lockable. Big difference in ergonomics for little invested. Not just the CS6 but this also looks great for the minipack monitor as well. To put it in perspective of how tough they are, we were using these mounts to hold our communication gear in iraq and afghan. Never an issue.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Here's another angle to try. Lose the handle to the CS6 and have a ram ball connected to the screen. Use the locking bar as a handle or adjustable kickstand for uneven terrain.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base & Round Base Adapter that Contains a 1/4"-20 Thread for Cameras

Turn it upside down. getting the CS6 and will likely be giving this a shot. Sure would be nice if someone from ridgid would say they're listening.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well here's the finished product. Used it while inspecting my lateral. Held rock solid. Playing around with it, I like using this while sitting down...keeps my hands close to the reel and the cleanout.

Attached Files
            Last edited by gear junkie; 05-17-2014, 10:00 PM.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Forgot to mention the mount comes by screwing it off however just adjusting it to the side doesn't take up any additional space so it's stay on the machine permanently.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Just another reason why the cs6 is the monitor of choice. try that with a cs10.

nice job ben. Has josh seen it?

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Beats me. I told several ridgid employees about this at the flow expo...they kinda had the same reaction as you and just said uh-huh and eyes glazed over. No response and since no one from ridgid seemed interested, might as well just put it out for public use.

Back to the product....it'll also work on the roofs as wells since there 360 degree locking rotation. I also locked it in place and wheeled the reel around while the CS6 was mounted on there, jumped over curbs and the mount held solid. So (ridgid) here's another tip....that green box is a sporting goods box/seat. Well the CS6 fits perfect in there and is the perfect height to sit down on while using the camera.

Since the ram mount attachment clamps onto round stock, I'll be welding a round stock on the thumbscrew of a vice grip(might need you for that Max) http://www.irwin.com/tools/locking-t...th-swivel-pads This will allow the ram mount to be held onto any surface....remember the compact/CS6 video ridgid just came out with? Now the monitor can be clamped at a comfortable viewing height on the 2x4 studs.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Big thumbs up on the "STOLEN IF SOLD". Great idea.

Comment

Gear, amen on the Stolen if Sold too. How did you attach the CS6 to the Ram Mount. It is hard to see what you did to secure it.
                      Looks interesting........!!!!

Comment

I also have that engraved on the inside of the drum(along with a few other hidden spots) with my phone number
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Are you using the handle clip mount from the RM200 / micro drain ? Very slick Ben

Comment

Yep.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben where did you buy the green box seat at and the alum bracket between the ram ball mount and the cs 6 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X