Best sewer camera, monitor and recorder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sewer camera, monitor and recorder

A friend is looking to invest in said equipment to do inspections on 2"-12".
    He's not worried about cost as much as quality and durability.

No offense, GJ. I just want to get Rick's input.

Re: Best sewer camera, monitor and recorder

lol no offense taken at all. You'll also want Cuda, Ace Sewer and ToUtahnow opinion.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

unfortunately, the 2''- 12'' range is not in 1 cameras range. 2-6'' is easily accomplished with a push rod camera/ seesnake. but beyond 6'' is where a motorized tractor comes in and it also has lighting. usually a pan and tilt feature too.

2-6'' you can't go wrong with a seesnake. my preference is the rm200 with a cs6 monitor. but that's my preference. I used it on 3 jobs today and have my homework to generate reports tonight with it.

can't really help you with the tractors as I have never used 1. that's where the big pumper show last month would have been a place to go.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

For the occasional 8"-12" line I use this roller skid
        Subsurface Solutions - Sewer Cameras, Line Locators, Utility Mapping, Inspection Products

Like I said for occasional use it makes the fullsize seesnake usable in large lines.
        Also purchase the smaller wheeled skid from the same company it really can make a difference over large offsets in 6" pipe.
        The mini roller is what it is called and I use it a lot.
        Last edited by Cuda; 03-20-2014, 11:06 AM.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

What Ridgid/SeeScan should do is design one of these "spider" attachments for their full size pushrod cameras.

Be nice to have a servo in the head to make it look around. And electronic focusing has gotten good enough now that should be incorporated in all monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
            What Ridgid/SeeScan should do is design one of these "spider" attachments for their full size pushrod cameras.

Be nice to have a servo in the head to make it look around. And electronic focusing has gotten good enough now that should be incorporated in all monitors.
            Maybe someone at Ridgid is monitoring this conversation. If not, maybe NSA (who are) can fab one for you. Since a spider would make a really good spy, maybe they already have.
            Last edited by Plumbus; 03-20-2014, 07:36 PM.

Comment

since the NSA is monitoring -

maybe it needs EXPLOSIVES to blast blockages out of the way. or a NUCLEAR option so locating would be easier. no one likes to get DIRTY or have to go to the hospital for some BIOLOGICAL problem.
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
              X