Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigid Power-Spin failed; HomeDepot wouldn't refund!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Power-Spin failed; HomeDepot wouldn't refund!

THis past Friday afternoon I purchased a Rigid Power-Spin at HomeDepot. The kitchen sink had quit draining and my old, hand-cranked snake didn't handle the blockage. Having removed the trap, access was directly into the drain pipe stub sticking out of the wall. I couldn't get the snake very far down the pipe, although I tried several times. After several tries, the new Rigid Power-spin broke!!! Irritated both by my lack of success & the failure of a new "high-power" snake, I returned to HomeDepot to request a refund for the Power-spin. HD refused to accept the return as the snake had been used. A Health Dept regulation it was claimed. I then went to the HD Tool Rental area to see whether snakes were rented. Indeed they are and, yes, HD most certainly accepts the rental snakes when they are returned, following use. Must be a different Health Dept in that part of the store. I am astounded. If there was concern about contamination; have a heavy-duty plastic contaminated item bag avaialble and have the customer place the item therein. I expected better from HD.

Subtitle of this post is : "How a Lowe's customer was created."

BTW, the drain remains clogged; plumber will be called.

I THINK THE FACT THAT YOU WANTED A REFUND WAS THE ISSUE. AN EXCHANGE FOR THE SAME SNAKE SHOULD HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEM.

WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT PEOPLE BUY THESE ITEMS AND FIX THE PROBLEM, THEN THEY BRING THEM BACK AND ASK FOR A REFUND. A REAL BIG PROBLEM IN THE PRESSURE WASHER AND PAINT SPRAYER DEPT.

I THINK YOU'LL HAVE BETTER LUCK WITH THE ELECTRIC RENTAL SNAKE. JUST BE CAUTIOUS THE SMALLER SIZE CABLES IN THESE MACHINES WILL KINK MUCH FASTER THAN A LARGE DIAMETER CABLE. ALSO WATER IN THE DRAIN WILL HELP TO CLEAR AND WASH AWAY THE STOPPAGE MUCH EASIER THAN A CABLE WITH NO WATER.

BY THE WAY, YOU'LL GET MORE INPUT WITH POSTING THIS IN THE PROPER SECTION, SUCH AS GENERAL PLUMBING OR ASK THE PLUMBING EXPERTS.

RICK.

Comment

HomeDep didn't offer to exchange; one would think they would have had that been an option.

Comment

looks like uve 2 options left
        get a new spring or

open the end ov the spring out

Comment

Working...
        X