X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ-3000

I'm considering a portable jetter. Has anyone tried the KJ-3000? The jetter for the most part will be for scouring laterals which do not have blockages. My plan is to camera before and after the jetting looking for problems in original construction.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Mark

[ 07-05-2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: ToUtahNow ]
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

MARK, I SEE YOU ACTUALLY JUST BOUGHT IT ON EBAY. I WAS WATCHING THIS TO SEE WHAT IT WILL GO FOR. OU DID REAL GOOD.
    AT 4GPM. I WOULD BE REAL SURPRISED TO SEE IT PROPERLY CLEAN A 8'' LINE LIKE STATED. I DO FEEL IT WILL HANDLE A 4'' LINE GOOD. I OWN A NUMBER OF JETTERS FROM 2HP ELECTRIC THROUGH 24HP GAS.
    IF YOUR JUST USING IT ON NEWER WORK TO CLEAN CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS GREAT. DON'T THINK YOU WILL HAVE GOOD LUCK ON THE REAL HEAVY GREASE OR MUD FILLED LINES. WATER VOLUME IS ACTUALLY MORE CRITICAL THAN PSI.
    AT THE PRICE YOU PAID YOU DID REAL WELL. GOOD LUCK AND INVEST IN A RAIN COAT WHEN YOU DO OVERHEAD WORK. PS. KEEP YPUR MOUTH CLOSED WHEN THE JETTER IS NEAR THE END OF THE LINE. SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE.
    RICK.

Comment

Plumber Rick

Thanks for the reply Rick. It's funny you saw I bid on the jetter as the seller told me I was one of five watching it. My estimate for frieght was $385. but the seller offered to ship for $150 so I feel pretty good about it.

I have owned a bunch of jetters over the years (never a Ridgid) but sold my Plumbing business in 99 along with most of the smaller stuff. If you ever need to thread 4" pipe or need a ratching wrench for a 6" companion flange let me know.

Along with my plumbing business I have also worked as an Expert Witness for Construction Litigation in both California and Nevada for the last 17-years.

Once I sold my business I had to rely on local plumbers in the area I was working to do my locating and camera work. I got tired of hiring companies who either had broken equipment or did not not how to use the equipment they owned.

Out of frustration I have slowly purchased new equipment and a service truck to haul it in. Now I have two project in Nevada where I have found substantial bellies in 93% of the laterals.

To eliminate the arguement the ponding is caused by debri I want to camera the lines before and after the jetting.

Mark

Comment

MARK, I WOULD GUESS THAT THE PIPE IN QUESTON IS ABS?
        BELLIES ARE SOMEWHAT COMMON TO INSTALLATIONS WITH ABS WHEN YOU HAVE UNSKILLED LABOR INSTALLING PIPE.
        LET ME KNOW F I CAN BE OF HELP WITH A LARGER MACHINE OR POSSIBLE PIPE BURSTING REPLACEMENT.
        RICK.

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for the offer on the jetter but the three jobs I have at this time where I am looking at laterals are in Las Vegas and Laughlin. The Laughlin job has more to do with missing backwater valves.

The materials in the jobs with the bellies are a patch work of ABS, PVC and SDR. It looks like both the Lateral Contractor and the Utility Contractor screwed up. More than likely it was a combination of poor compaction and unskilled labor which caused the problem.

Mark

Comment

Boy you have to love eBay. I've been looking for a hose cart to take inside the house while using the KJ-3000 on smaller interior lines.

While looking on eBay I found a KJ-1250 which appears to be in good shape for $725. I figure I should be able to take the jetter portion off of the KJ-1250 and use it with reduced pressure on the KJ-3000 or leave the jetter the way it is and use it that way.

Mark

Comment

MARK, I SAW IT TOO. IT'S A LOT OF $$ FOR A HOSE CART. AS FAR AS AN ELECTRIC JETTER GOES, IT'S ALSO TOO SMALL. I HAVE 2- ELECTRIC UNITS I USE INSIDE. BOTH ARE 2 H.P. AND RUN AT 1500# AND 2.1 GPM. NEED A 20 AMP BREAKER TO KEEP IT RUNNING UNDER LOAD.
              I WOULDN'T BE VERY IMPRESSED ON ANTHING LARGER THAN 2''.
              PS.A HOW DO YOU LIKE THE KJ3000 MACHINE? USED MY 18 HP. TODAY FOR A 12 UNIT BUILDING. MUCH FASTER THAN A SMALLER UNIT.
              RICK.

Comment

Rick,

The hose carts I looked at through Ridgid and General were just under $1,000. I then looked at buying a high pressure reel and an 1/8" hose instead. By the time I purchased the reel and hose I was already up to $400+ and no nozzles. This unit has seven nozzles and 100' of 1/2" hose in addition to the 100' of 1/8" hose which must be worth something.

I agree 1250 is a little small but I like the idea of 14 amps instead of 20 amps. If I ever needed to I could run the unit off of my inverter without a worry. Still I'm not sure that I will really use the jetter portion of the unit.

As for the KJ-3000 I have not even put oil in it yet. I'm done with all of my Las Vegas inspections for now and have nothing big schedule for another month or so.

It looks like I may just have to go wash my motorcycle and go for a nice cruise up PCH.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X