X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a 50% partner to open plum buss in La

If you have the cash around $25k we can partner up to open a plumbing bussiness in oc cali.

Originally posted by dang008:
    If you have the cash around $25k we can partner up to open a plumbing bussiness in oc cali.
    What about operating capital?
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

to open a plumbing bussiness all you need is 50k.
      the new jetter 15k, one small camera and locator mini used 5k,
      all small hand tool you got to buy your own which i already have . the rest is advertising and little stuff. You got to have your own truck or van, i already have truck. If you have the money i we can make it work. It is not hard to open a plumbing.

Comment

dang008,

I wish you a lot of luck and hope it works out for you. I started my first contracting business in 1980 and drop $10,000 the first day just in different insurance and licesimg fees.

As you say all it takes is a few tools and some advertising to be a plumbing company. While that is the beauty of the United States it is also one of the reasons there are so many bad plumbing companies out there.

A good rule of thumb is it takes five years for a contracting business to get an established customer base. It is also recommended you have a minimum of one year of operating capital before you start.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I think 50k will last up to a year most of it is insurance n ads ,If you want to cut corner , and just start out small, you dont have to buy a jetter right away , u can sub out the jet, $300 for every job or so, once you start small then u start build customer base and you can buy ur own jetter. I figure buying 2 3/8 small drain snake, and 2 3/4 snake, total cost 5k, mini ridgid cam + locator used 5k, you get van, i got truck we both run call if there is too many then we only choose good call that make the $, any small call we dump, like faulcet leak, this we dump. I figure 35% of call are estemate call. Kitchen and main line call are good call.

Comment

With all due respect.

I can't believe what I've just seen here.

Heck, maybe I'll just run down to the pharmacy buy a scalpel, a box of bennies, a dozen sutures and open a "surguries R us" store. I'll just turn down the ones that aren't really profittable.

Just how much experience do you claim 008?
            Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

I only have less then 1 year in the plumbing world.
              What so hard about it , u put snake in u pull out and collect $ lol.

Comment

You guy make it sound like it really hard to be a plumber, a monkey can put snake down and pull it out. I dont have alot of experience but from the look at the plumbing trade i can do it with my eye close. I have install a clean out before, watch alot
                of home tv show like "this old house" . I figure i can do 80% of the call and the call i cant do i will sub it out.

Comment

dang, the only reason that i'm taking you to be serious is because you sent me a private email about getting a plumbing contractors license.

Here is the message sent by dang008:

--------------------------------------------------

im a starting out handyman i would like to know is there anyway i can
                  get a plumbing contractor licence without doing it for 4 year, im
                  planning to buy camera, and jetter for bussiness, a used one and i see that
                  you have used camera for sale. If i get the licence i would consider
                  buying camera form u. im also in la. thank

--------------------------------------------------

otherwise i would think that you were a joke.
                  if all you think of drain cleaning is running a snake with your eyes closed that a monkey can do it, good luck. i figure you'll find yourself in court or a hospital in the first month.
                  without any formal plumbing knowledge, you wouldn't have a clue on how to properly diagnose a drainage system. a sewer snake can seriously hurt you. a jetter can easily kill you or put you in the hospital.
                  as my response to your private post recommended, i suggest that you go to work for an established company before you think that a monkey can clean a drain properly.
                  we are here to help you, not get you killed.

rick.

[ 11-03-2005, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: PLUMBER RICK ]

Comment

Working...
                  X