X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeSnake Vent

My most recent SeeSnake monitor is the new Color Tool Case. I did around twenty trouble-free inspections last month and have been very pleased with the unit.

Today I had what I consider a big problem which could have been avoided with a little foresight from Ridgid.

I drove 350-miles to do some inspections in Las Vegas. When I got on the job I pulled my equipment out of the truck and got it all set up. When I put the VCR tape in the VCR kept kicking the tape back out.

Over the next twenty minutes or so I tried several different tapes and the VCR would not accept any of the tapes. As these inspections are tied to a litigation the inspection means nothing without video evidence.

I went to the trouble shooting section of the manual and this was not an issue which was covered. Out of despiration I called a tech at Ridgid. The second I told him what was wrong he told me the remote from the VCR must have fell off of the mounting place and got stuck inside the VCR.

When I asked the tech how in the heck that could have happened he told me he did not know they had been trying to figure it out for a couple of years. After an hour or so of adapting tools to stick inside the VCR and remove the remote I was back in business and an hour and a half behihd schedule.

I am back to being extremely happy with my monitor but if Ridgid has known this has been a problem for a couple of years why not leave the remote out of the case or at least add this as a trouble shooting tip.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

MARK, THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS CARRY AT LEAST 2 TV'S AND 2 VCR'S. FOR WHAT YOU PAY FOR THE BRIEFCASE SET UP. YOU COULD BUY 20- 9'' TV/VCR COMBINATIONS THAT RUN ON BOTH 12 VOLT AND 120 VOLT. I ALSO CARRY A 6'' PORTABLE LCD TV/VCR THAT RUNS ON BATTERY AND 120. AT 350 MILES 1 WAY I ALSO CARRY PLENTY OF CASH FOR THE UNKOWN. ESPECIALLY IN VEGAS $$.

Comment

Plumber Rick,

You are 100% correct. I actually have a Hi-8 camcorder as a backup for the VCR and a Citizens LCD monitor from another piece of inspection equipment that will back up the monitor. I was just aggravated that my brand new monitor was not working and it would have been so easy for Ridgid to prevent the problem.

If I had called the tech and he told me he wasn’t sure and he had never heard of anyone having the problem I would have gone to plan two. However, when he tells me they known about it for years it makes me wonder why they haven’t fixed it. But hey the world is just made up of regular people and I can live with that.

The other thing I had going for me was Toolup.com is in Las Vegas and they stock everything Ridgid makes and it is all at great prices.

As for carrying cash, I’ve been carrying a grand in my pocket ever since I started contracting. I don’t use it very often and sometimes I have to have the bank replace it because the fold finally tears but old habits are hard to break.

Mark

Comment

MARK, WHILE I LEFT YOU FOR A COUPLE HOUR. JUST BOUGHT A NEW SCOUT LOCATOR FOR 875.
        THAT MAKES 6 LOCATORS. 3 ARE ALWAYS IN THE TRUCK AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
        DON'T BLOW EVERYTHING IN VEGAS.
        RICK.

Comment

Plumber Rick,

You'll have to give a report on the Scout after you've had a chance to use it. I really like the NaviTrack but it's a little too big to lock in my outside compartments.

I get it in there but because of the giant case I bust a nuckle every once in a while.

Mark
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X