X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera lens 'fogging'

My color seesnake has developed a problem.The inner camera lens appears to have condensation covering it.Is it possiable to dismantle the head to clean it or do I have to return it to the USA.
    Thanks, Chris. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Chris,

Unfortunately, if you have condensation inside of the lense this indicates a larger problem. Our cameras are designed to be water tight to 330 feet of water column. If you are seeing condensation inside of the lense, you have either a hair line crack allowing water to enter your camera or the camera was cleaned with a pressure washer and water was forced behind the seals we use.

In either case, the water will cause corrosion on the camera circuits and will eventually destroy your camera module. The only way to get rid of that water is to send that camera head back in. We will need to repair the broken seals and bake the water out.

If you would like to discuss further, please email me at mfleming@ridgid.com
    Mark F. Fleming<br />Product Manager<br />RIDGID/Kollmann

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply.We use the seesnake to check welding and how clean the pipe is.This includes the use of high pressure cleaing equipment in sight of the camera.I think this could be the problem.
      Thanks again,
      Hilsen Chris.

Comment

Working...
      X