X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Navigator Locater

OK guys, what can you tell me about the new navigator locater. I saw it in "Cleaner Magazine". Does it work with existing seesnake 512 transmitters? Does the mapping feature work like a Loran/GPS tracker, using waypoint or starting points, and then end points, or will it map out a system's branch and trunklines? Is it as accurate as the 4550? How much will it be? Is it in production yet? And most importantly,,,, When will Dan Lazos (rep for San Antonio, Texas) get one so I can demo it? Also when you get a chance, check out my email about new tool design for the seesnakes. It was submitted using my alias; iseeinpipes. Please email a response, and as always thanks in advance for the attention.

Pipe Eyes,
    Good questions about the new locator. I will try to give you an update without getting into too much technical detail.

First, the new locator is called the NaviTrack. Yes, it was identified in the Cleaner as Navigator, but we decided to make a change to avoid a potential conflict with the name.

The locator works very well and is far easier to operate than any other locator we've found. It gives you lots of feedback, both on the large display and also through audio tones. The coolest thing, though, is that unlike other locators the NaviTrack can be held in any direction and still make sense of the signal. Other locators require you to line the antennae up with the direction of the pipe so the instrument can "hear" the signal properly. This is no problem as long as you know which way the pipe is running, but as I'm sure you know, after a few bends, this can become a little confusing. The new NaviTrack eliminates that problem. Also, the NaviTrack has automatic gain control so there's no more adjusting the gain up and down to get the right signal level.

The NaviTrack does a great job of finding ANY 512 Hz transmitter (or sonde), which means it is fully compatible with our SeeSnake camera systems as well as our remote transmitters. NaviTrack is also very good at locating energized metalic lines such as a gas line that has been energized using an accessory like our KD-4000 Line Transmitter.

The NaviTrack does not use GPS, but rather relies on the physics of the signal that is being transmitted to create the map in what we call "Map Mode." A ton of great work and innovation has gone into this product and if you do much locating I know you will be impressed. It is far superior to any other plumbing locator available. We are working on a new web page for the NaviTrack that will give you even more information.

We have a limited number of prototypes in the field for demonstration and Dan Lazo should have access to one of these periodically. Please give Dan a call to set up a demo. I will say that the prototypes we have in the field are very good, but the actual NaviTrack will be even better!

Stay tuned and thanks for supporting RIDGID.
    David Onachilla<br />Director of Marketing<br />RIDGID/Kollmann Drain Cleaning Eqpt

Comment

i SEEM TO HAVE STUMBLED ACROSS THIS THREAD WAY AFTER BUT HERE GOES.THIS UNIT IS AWSOME AND IS TRULY THE BEST I HAVE TRIED TO DATE.iT MAKES LOCATING SO EASY THAT IT'S HARD TO BELIVE WE DID IT ANY OTHER WAY BEFORE.
      Pete
      advance tech sewer and drain.

Comment

Working...
      X