X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting in the Inspection Business

A friend and I are interested in getting in the sewer pipe inspection business. He is in real estate and has seen an explosion in the requirement for homes to be inspected during any real estate transaction. Where can we get some education about this business?

Thanks in advance.

THE ISSUE HERE IS NOT JUST PUSHING A CAMERA INTO THE LINE. IT'S KNOWING WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT AND RIGHT FROM WRONG. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CONTRACTORS LICENSE FOR PLUMBING CHANCES ARE YOUR INSPECTIONS ARE ONLY GOING TO END UP IN COURT WHEN YOU MISDIAGNOSE IT. I KNOW A G.I. DOCTOR. HE DOES COLONOSCOPIES ALL DAY LONG. HE WOULD BE CLUELESS IN A SEWER. SEE MY POINT. RICK.

Comment

I remember reading this post

I have started an inspection business. My partner who is a Plumber with 10 years of experience, I have bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and 10 years of construction experience. We are going to start small, with sewer scopes and locates.

Maybe, we will be in the market for snakes later. I have high hopes that it will work out. There have been a lot of shoddy operators out there pulling up lines to make a buck. I think it is time for an independent inspector to honest up the practice. No disrespect to the honest pipe hands, but home inspectors can not touch a house for 12 months after an inspection, yet some of these un-scrupulous guys are digging the lines up minutes after it seems.

Comment

Working...
      X