Trying to decide between CS6 and CS10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to decide between CS6 and CS10

I had a demo today for both and am leaning towards the CS10 for screen size. Huge price difference though for 6 extra inches. For those of you who have used both, how do they compare? What is your preference?

I'm currently using a color vhs monitor so either will be an improvement. Tired of lugging that thing around.

i give top honors to the cs6 as the unit is portable and batteries last a long time.

ben just bought a cs6 last week after coming from the old video toolcase with an upgraded sony dvd inside.

he called me to tell me he had to go home and change his underware after using the cs6. he'll deny it, but I have the text message to prove it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

No text message....just checked my phone. But the CS6 is really great. I had the CS6 on today for about 3 hours and the battery still looks good.....it doesn't say full or 1/2....it give voltage. It's an 18v battery and was at 17.3 volts. The portability is awesome.....works great when in a tight bathroom. The small size can also be an advantage......was operating the push rod while a customer watched. When I got to a certain inspection point, I simply picked up the cs6 and rotated it to the correct position so it showed upright. Just based off size, I would buy the CS6 over the CS10 even if money wasn't an issue.

If you buy now, you get 2 free batteries. Call aj coleman, ask for kirk and tell him ben sent you. Free shipping and tax free! Plus they give you the batteries if you buy during the spring fling.....other places have you fill out the paperwork and have you deal with the factory. 773-728-2400
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        text message from 4/9/14 at 2:41 pm.

CS6 IS AWESOME!!!!!

if that's not a reason to change your drawers, i'm not sure what is.

rick.

BTW....aj coleman has the dvd pack to convert your old vhs monitor to a dvd monitor.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I would think of the cs6 as your go to unit light easy to carry for average inspections, if you need a copy for your records or don't want to spend at home time at your computer transferring files then the cs10 as it is a portable computer. I don't have the cs6 yet but will be buying some to replace the dvdpak units as dvd's get phased out.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have the CS-10 and love the large clear picture as it really helps identify things much better. I know I wouldn't like the smaller screen size as I really dislike the CA-300 (3.5") and only use it on my reels for toilets or quick peeks.
          Last edited by AssTyme; 04-15-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I just ordered the cs10. I decided the screen size was worth the extra money. I wear contact lenses so the bigger screen will be better for me. Ive been stuck lugging around the 49 lb color vcr monitor for over 5 years after my last monitor decision so I wanted to make sure I didnt regret this decision. 12 inch screen, 13 lbs, and digital recording should make my life much easier. Old camera will be my backup.

Comment

Inspections like this is why I chose the CS6. I couldn't imagine with a big monitor in a space like this. The screen is easy to see over 6' away.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                PLUMBER RICK commented
                Editing a comment
                You do carry an extra pair of shorts with your new camera and monitor now. You're way beyond slobbering and drooling over it.

Just wait till you get a bigger jetter. I'll have to send you a case of depends.

See you and the gang on saturday.

Rick.

No offense,,,,, just saying.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by theplungerman; 04-17-2014, 05:36 PM. Reason: Pic drama

Comment

In tight bathrooms ive put my vcr monitor on top the lavatory or reel partially in hallway behind the monitor. There has always been a way. Honestly im so used to that I didnt even consider it. Thats a clear advantage for the cs6, however for me the larger screen outweighs any space saving advantages. I can see having regrets about a smaller screen but never about having a large screen.

Comment

I think of the first time I bought a 50 inch big screen tv. Five minutes after I sat down to watch it for the first time I thought, I should have bought the 70 inch.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                    In tight bathrooms ive put my vcr monitor on top the lavatory or reel partially in hallway behind the monitor. There has always been a way. Honestly im so used to that I didnt even consider it. Thats a clear advantage for the cs6, however for me the larger screen outweighs any space saving advantages. I can see having regrets about a smaller screen but never about having a large screen.

You've made the correct decision, the CS-10 is an excellent monitor.

Comment

I went with the CS6. Price was right for me, especially with Spring Fling free batteries deal going on. However, I do not have a self leveling camera head and the CS10 does not have a flip/invert feature. This was important to me.

Gary, comparing a CS6 to a CA300 is not apples to apples. I now have both. The resolution on the CS6 is incredibly awesome. Technically, the resolution is even better than the CS10.

I wear contacts too and also had reservations about the smaller screen, but the resolution and brightness more than make up for it. Being able to pick the CS6 up by the handle and look at it closely also makes up for the smaller size. If I need to blow the picture up for closer inspection later, I just take it into my truck and pop the USB into my laptop.

Both are great monitors. For me, price was a big thing as my old B/W monitor died on me sooner than I was hoping and I needed a monitor right away. Size was the other though.
                      I'm sure you will be incredibly happy with your new CS10!

Comment

Heck for the price of ths cs10, you could buy 2 cs6 and have a 3d view.

Rick.

there's only a few things that make me smile more than a cs6.

1 is Phoebe,

2 is a k-60

3 is
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                          I went with the CS6. Price was right for me, especially with Spring Fling free batteries deal going on. However, I do not have a self leveling camera head and the CS10 does not have a flip/invert feature. This was important to me.

Gary, comparing a CS6 to a CA300 is not apples to apples. I now have both. The resolution on the CS6 is incredibly awesome. Technically, the resolution is even better than the CS10.

I wear contacts too and also had reservations about the smaller screen, but the resolution and brightness more than make up for it. Being able to pick the CS6 up by the handle and look at it closely also makes up for the smaller size. If I need to blow the picture up for closer inspection later, I just take it into my truck and pop the USB into my laptop.

Both are great monitors. For me, price was a big thing as my old B/W monitor died on me sooner than I was hoping and I needed a monitor right away. Size was the other though.
                          I'm sure you will be incredibly happy with your new CS10!

Money is of no concern to me if it's spent on a quality tool that's going to make my job/life easier with no regrets down the road.

Yes, the lack of an invert feature still bothers me at times

I'm sure they are both great monitors but to each their own as a bigger picture is best for me.
                          Last edited by AssTyme; 04-24-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X