Sewer Reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer Reports

What are you guys using to make professional looking reports?
    So far I'm just forwarding a link of an upload to u tube. Or sometime use a video edit program, then upload to u tube.
    I was forced to figure out my count plus on my mini. Lol,, (after missing the back to zero button)
    So I tried to download HQ and my windows 8 laptop said no go.
    I've done some preliminary research and was curious what do the big dogs eat. And ain't having no luck.

been using hq with my cs6 to make incredible reports. i first copy the usb memory stick onto their computer to give them the video and all the stills. then when i get home i'll put the memory stick into my computer and make an hq sewer report with the photos that i took along with stills i can capture from the video. i'll email the report to them since they already have the video on their computer.

the report even includes an aerial view of their property. typically i'll include approx 10-15 photos with detailed descriptions, footage, time stamps. my customers love the reports. they can keep a copy in their email folder, and save a copy n their computer. i also keep a copy in my email and on my laptop.

beats trying to keep and review dvd's. but if needed you could burn a dvd of the job.

no wasting time uploading to youtube.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

• Cleanmen2
      Cleanmen2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rick, interesting point about the Aerial view. What do you use for this just out of interest If you don't mind sharing of course.

Thanks, do you know anything about the HQ software I got with my mini not able to download to my windows 8 computer.
    Uploading to u tube is just a couple of clicks. But I did want the option of a more professional report when the circumstances are such.
    The first time I tried to have the customer copy the thumb drive video, it was computer drama. So I just get their email, tell them a link is coming shortly,, get in truck, click click on the ipod, boom u tube , then they will have a link (depending on size and whether or not I have to edit out the 5 minutes it recorded while I located and forgot to pause),,, in 5 minutes or by the end of day. A little edit job on my corel video software only takes 5 minutes, then click click to u tube. As you probably know,, most new software has that option in the software.
    But I want and need a more professional look sometime.
    I'll try and see if ridgid has HQ for Windows 8 tomorrow and diddle around. Thanks

Comment

Do you want a written report or a video? I've seen Rick's written reports with HQ software and it's outstanding. I use the HQ software as well but my focus is on video(because I have to fill out a city issued report) so I'm not using the software to it's fullest potential. My videos are pretty comprehensive and I talk through the video so it's better then a written report imo. I also upload to youtube and send the customer the link to the video. My videos from the CS6 are about 7-12 minutes and the upload time to youtube is about 15-30 minutes. I really think the HQ software has the potential to be a bigger asset when you sell your business than your phone number.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks gear, interesting point about when you sell,,,, like an investment,,,.

Comment

It works on windows 8. Im using 8.1 without an issue.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Try going to hq.ridgid.com for the newest version. You may have gotten an old copy of the software that wont install on win 8.

Comment

• Cleanmen2
              Cleanmen2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Josh I have 8.1 and am having problems. I have tried to erase from netbook and do fresh reload but keep getting the same. "Video failed to load. Either the Video is corrupt or broken, or the video playback configuration for SeeSnake HQ is incorrect. Please run troubleshooter to resolve this issue". is what I get. Funny thing is it loads automatically through other programs. doing my head in Josh. Have the latest version but still no luck.

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Try going to hq.ridgid.com for the newest version. You may have gotten an old copy of the software that wont install on win 8.
            Thanks Josh, I did,,, it said it was for, Vista Windows 7 etc.
            That's what I was going to do today but got slammed. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X