Just bought a seesnake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a seesnake

So I finally got sick of playing around with inferior crap and sprung for a brand new seesnake 200 foot color mini reel and cs10 monitor. I ended up getting the mini reel because i have no room on my van for the full size. My question is who has a mini reel out there and is it durable enough for main line work?mostly 4 and 6 inch thanks! Also any input on the cs10 would be cool to.

Good for you,,, yes it's durable enough... Sometimes a long push is hard, but lotsa water and the black plastic riser thingamajig will help. Cs 10? Don't have but I'm sure you will get some quality inspections out of it. Congrats.

Comment

• Drain dude
      Drain dude commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Yeh I definitely can't wait to use it lol.

I have a mini and used it for years in 6" and smaller pipe. Finally got a full size about a month ago and was the best decision ever. I went with the CS6 monitor. Actually a full size 325' reel and CS6 monitor would've been less then the mini and CS10. Oh well, maybe next time.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• Drain dude
      Drain dude commented
      Editing a comment
      Does the cs6 tip over when you use it on a unleveled surface like in the grass or on a hill? I was considering getting one but it just looked unsturdy?

Originally posted by Drain dude View Post
    So I finally got sick of playing around with inferior crap and sprung for a brand new seesnake 200 foot color mini reel and cs10 monitor. I ended up getting the mini reel because i have no room on my van for the full size. My question is who has a mini reel out there and is it durable enough for main line work?mostly 4 and 6 inch thanks! Also any input on the cs10 would be cool to.
    The CS-10 was an excellent choice, I would have went with the 200' full sized SeeSnake reel.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain dude View Post
      If u dont mind me asking?what inferior crap were u using before?

Comment

• Drain dude
        Drain dude commented
        Editing a comment
        General gen-eye mini pod the camera head kept fogging up and also kept just flat out not working. I had to have it repaired 3 times in the 1st year I had it.

It is unstable but easy enough to remedy by laying on a bunched up towel. Even if cost was no issue, I woul've went with the CS6
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

my cs6 docks into the rm200 handle. when undocked its a tripod design and rwst on 3 points. unless its a very steep angle, the tripod design is stable. Rick.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM.
        phoebe it is

Comment

• theplungerman
          theplungerman commented
          Editing a comment
          I admit,, the tripod design is stable.

Hello folks. The wishful feeling has come back to get some new tools. It comes every year and fades after looking at the quotes. I m getting our rep to come out to demo on my job this week. I hope i don't run into too much trouble as our guy seems to busy to get back to me and have to leave lots of messages before he calls me back. I think we just have one rep for the entire vancouver lower mainland.

I have my eye on the cs10, 200 color Full Size, and the scout. I am just stuck on some options which are:

1. self leveling for the extra cost and life span?
        2. full size 200 vs mini (runs average 125 feet in 4 inch)
        3. scout vs navitrack (just for camera locate, worried about reaching depths of 10 to 12 feet)

I wondering what the most expensive component inside the cs10 to make the cost jump to 4289.00 plus tax. Very interesting to have seen all the opposing opinions on the cs10 subject.

Thanks for reading,
        roberto

Comment

Originally posted by robertochekwong View Post
          Hello folks. The wishful feeling has come back to get some new tools. It comes every year and fades after looking at the quotes. I m getting our rep to come out to demo on my job this week. I hope i don't run into too much trouble as our guy seems to busy to get back to me and have to leave lots of messages before he calls me back. I think we just have one rep for the entire vancouver lower mainland.

I have my eye on the cs10, 200 color Full Size, and the scout. I am just stuck on some options which are:

1. self leveling for the extra cost and life span?
          2. full size 200 vs mini (runs average 125 feet in 4 inch)
          3. scout vs navitrack (just for camera locate, worried about reaching depths of 10 to 12 feet)

I wondering what the most expensive component inside the cs10 to make the cost jump to 4289.00 plus tax. Very interesting to have seen all the opposing opinions on the cs10 subject.

Thanks for reading,
          roberto
          1. Self level can go either way I have both and for me every now and then when using the self level I need to have an upward view at a fitting and wish I had brought the non self level that day but no big.
          2. For doing sewer work the fullsize push rod will probably need less re-terminations over the life of the camera because the push rod is more durable and will make those long runs when needed.
          3.If you ever are doing ground work and repairs buy the Seektech sr-20 or better if only doing sonde/camera locates get the scout.
          4. (though not asked) My expensive cs1000 just sits a heck of a lot now that I have the cs6, I wish I had bought 3 of the cs6 monitors instead.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

unless you're blind in the eyes or in the wallet, go with the cs6.

i have both the scout and sr-20. used the scout for years with great results on mainly sewer sondes. for the extra $1000.00-1200.00 the sr-20 will make things go a little faster on sondes and better on utility locates.

my self leveling camera is incredible. when they first came out years ago, (10) i think they were not as robust. but the self leveling camera head today is built like a tank. believe me, ive tried to beat it up and it's like a time-x, it takes a beating and keeps on ticking.

if all you're doing is 4'' and smaller up to 125', i would go with the mini. much smaller footprint in the truck and lighter to hand carry. also it's able to get around 1.5'' bends.

i don't believe the mini has a self leveling head yet. but the rm-200 does. that's all i've used the last 9 months with the cs6 and sr-20 it's a win, win , win combination.

heck, if you can't decide, get them all and then find your favorite. it's only money isn't it.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

• Josh
              Josh commented
              Editing a comment
              Just came out with the self leveling mini.

48488 200' Color Self-Leveling Reel (NTSC)

I upgraded (or added to the line up) from the 100' SeeSnake Micro Reel 6-Months ago & got the 200' SeeSnake Mini self levelling - love the picture quality & not having to flip the screen get the correct perspective. The non levelling reel was $9500 & the self levelling was $11500. I asked the Rep if you could easily upgrade the camera head later & he said it would cost somewhere around $7000 for the head alone so buy Self levelling as the few extra grand is worth it in the long run.

I'm still running a DVD Pak2, but will look at adding a CS6 or CS10 & upgrade from Scout to SR-20 after I've upgrade main jetter - I should just give my customers my Ridgid Reps bank account to pay their invoices as it never stays in mine for long..lol.
            Last edited by DATS; 07-02-2014, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• robertochekwong
              robertochekwong commented
              Editing a comment
              The self level mini going for 11500 seems high. I thought here in canada would always cost more!! last week with my quote was the 59-13988 200' full size color self level for 7416.00 plus 12% tax. Does the mini cost more than the full size? i didnt ask for the price on the mini. im going in this week to ask as Rick said the mini would suit me better than the full size. do you have any regrets not getting the full size but the mini? Its really tough for me to decide as it is a ton of money either way. Im actually losing sleep just thinking about it.
          Working...
          X