Seesnake saves the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake saves the day

Back at a regular customer again pushing toilet paper down flat pipes when I realized I was missing the 2' leader on my cable. I've gotten years out of my General Speedrooter 91 but have a newer Speedrooter 92 as well. I haven't particularly bothered to ask what the 2' leader is for because I don't need it. Anyway, I send the camera down the line to confirm and there it is. Fortunately I had a clothes hanger in my van and used it to remove the leader by electrical taping it to my camera. Retrieving the leader past a double wye wasn't easy.
    Bentley of Atlanta dealership.  Not a good place to lose a leader. Clothes hanger wire around leader.

I've done the same but I taped a magnet to the camera head.

Is that a guide tube your running on your machine ? Hard to tell on the small pictures.

The 2' leader is for better navigating tight turns in the line, it also takes most of the stress somewhat prolonging the life of your cable.

Comment

How much does it cost to tape the plastic down? Lol,, nice and tidy

Comment

I tried the magnet idea but it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
          How much does it cost to tape the plastic down? Lol,, nice and tidy

I am big on being clean. Customers hate sloppy work. I even clean drain machine tires before it goes inside. And this job is a regular customer, Bentley of Atlanta. It pays to be extra clean there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post

I am big on being clean. Customers hate sloppy work. I even clean drain machine tires before it goes inside. And this job is a regular customer, Bentley of Atlanta. It pays to be extra clean there.
            Right on,,,
            If you don't want to clean the wheels, wrap them in that blue tape,,,

Comment

I `d rather use the K-1500 or K-60 sectional it splatters the Sh+t around and makes the job look more professional

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                Right on,,,
                If you don't want to clean the wheels, wrap them in that blue tape,,,

I've done that as well.

David

Comment

Working...
                X