Seesnake HQ update error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake HQ update error

Today seesnake HQ updated as it said there was an update. After the update (and a reboot by me) now when I run HQ it says there is an update but there is no way to install it. Basically the update screwed itself during the update and now it is limbo. I dont feel like doing a complete reinstall and it functions so I will wait for the patch that is sure to come. System specs windows 7 x64.
    Seattle Drain Service

Yup, they know about the problem.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Hi Cuda,

This happens when you have HQ installed on multiple computers and the other computer's HQ version is not up to date. All HQ software registered to you will show up in the Equipment Locker, so if one of them is out of date it will appear with a yellow exclamation mark icon that indicates an update is needed for that version. You would then have to open HQ on the other computer it is installed on, and update that installation of HQ from there. The update button is grayed out on your PC because you have to update HQ on the computer it is installed on. If you no longer use an old version of HQ installed on a different machine, you can delete it by right clicking on it in the Equipment Locker and selecting 'Remove Equipment'. We are working to ensure that In future versions of HQ, the software update process will be more clear.

Thank you

HQ Support Team

Comment

Thanks! Got it and understand. I do have it on 2 laptops and my main pc.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Ok I have gotten my hands on a older Panasonic Toughbook. Installed Windows 7, then installed HQ software, and HQ was telling me I needed to sign in, and register my product. I made a typo with the email address, so I never got the verification email. So I registered again, and clicked the verification email, and it let me log in.

Trouble is I am getting an error stating that the device is already registered to a different account. I am not sure if it registered to the wrong email, or I have registered it with a different email. But now I can use my LT1000

Also one other question my LT1000 does show up, and states it is running software version 0 and I can upgrade to version 32. Is this recommended? or will it cause issues like that I had experienced with the CS1000?

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

• hqsupport1
            hqsupport1 commented
            Editing a comment
            We have contacted SewerRatz and the issue is resolved.

HQ Support Team

Thank you for the call.

Comment

hqsupport1, just wanted to thank you for helping me out tonight. Turns out I had to use a newer laptop. The Toughbook I have is a bit dated and the video card is not powerful enough to run the newer HQ software. So I installed it on a new laptop I had sitting around, and it sort of worked. I had to run the troubleshooter and run the update firmware part. It hung up in the middle of the update and locked up the LT1000, but I restarted the HQ software and the LT1000 and it gave me the option to update again, and it finished the job.

Only quirky thing is after the firmware updated to version 32 the serial number changed. The new serial number registered nicely with the equipment locker and we are now up and running with new firmware and software.

Comment

• hqsupport1
              hqsupport1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you and we're glad it worked out for you.
          Working...
          X