Thumb drive upload to HQ problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumb drive upload to HQ problem

Hi folks. Has anyone run into a problem uploading a job from a thumb drive stick (new CS10) into HQ on multiple jobs? On an empty stick, the first job uploads into HQ easily but if you add a second job to the same stick, it does not go into HQ for editing, dvd burning etc. However it shows up on the bottom of the screen where it says notifications and details. But if i use a blank stick for each job, the 2 jobs on 2 sticks will upload into HQ. At this point, i better carry only empty sticks and do the upload asap or else HQ is useless.
    The techs at Ridgid dont know anything about this and software support is just an answering machine.
    My Ridgid sales center thinks i didnt toggle something on and cant help me or it may be a replacement on the cs10.
    Our on the road fellow, Jason is on vacation for 3 weeks.

Thanks for reading and hope i described my problem correctly. I hope it will be an easy fix.

The CS10 was not designed to record multiple jobs on a single thumb drive. If you do use the CS10 to record multiple jobs on a single thumb drive you can use HQ to split the job - right click on the job and choose Split.

Comment

• robertochekwong
      robertochekwong commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for help. Could i ask you another question? If using the same thumb drive, i record several different sessions of video and then create a report, all these sessions have no problem being recognized by HQ. When you say i can split the jobs, does that refer to only the first report created? If i use the same thumb drive to do the next job, and create a second report, thats when HQ does not open these sessions. Does splitting mean separating these 2 reports?

I am thinking of carrying several thumb drives with me so that i create only one report on each so this way all my videos can be recognized by HQ. Does this sound like the way to go as these 4gig Ridgid thumb drives are worth about 2$ each although i feel they probably charged 40$ for it.

I m starting to regret not listening to Rick about going with the CS6 especially finding out about no image flip key on this unit the hard way. Our main Ridgid distributor who i bought from and our territory job rep who demo ed the unit said it did have a flip switch. I might just live with the CS10 or ask Jason after his vacation to authorize a full return and buy the CS6 instead.

Robert, you just got the real answer. Guy is the real deal and although you never met him in person, you probably already know him

another reason the cs6 is my k-60 ?

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

• robertochekwong
      robertochekwong commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Rick. Thanks for all your help with my see snake research. I went with the 200 color mini (but non self leveling) as you suggested instead of the full size and the SR 20. I am enjoying the CS10 and its fun to use. The self leveling mini and the CS6 are factory order here in Vancouver. I guess we have some catching up to do. I m going to talk to Jason after he returns from vacation to see if Ridgid will let me do some equipment trading meaning going with the CS6. I ll hang on to all the packaging until i speak with him. I am ok with the non self leveling unit as i believe it wont make me anymore income with self leveling. It has been fun playing around with the mini 200.

I am thinking of carrying several thumb drives with me so that i create only one report on each

The CS10 was designed for simplicity - one job per thumb drive - so this is definitely the way to go. FYI, if you carry a laptop in your truck you can download jobs to HQ and then erase your thumb drive.

Comment

When I use the cs10 I always format the thumb drive. no problems. if you have self leveling no need for a flip swith. the cs 10 is a great option for a large screen ! plus it holds two batteries.

Comment

I'm not sure how to get hq to recognize a second recording as I don't much use hq. I have found that, when recording multiple jobs on the same stick with cs10, the later jobs will be inside the folder containing the first job. There will be a folder named with the date of the first job. Subsequent jobs will have their own folders, each named with the date of that job, but they will be located inside the date-named folder of the first job. I'd think, though I've not tried, that you could rearrange the folders on the stick when you plug it into your 'puter to get hq to recognize all the jobs.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          I'm not sure how to get hq to recognize a second recording as I don't much use hq. I have found that, when recording multiple jobs on the same stick with cs10, the later jobs will be inside the folder containing the first job. There will be a folder named with the date of the first job. Subsequent jobs will have their own folders, each named with the date of that job, but they will be located inside the date-named folder of the first job. I'd think, though I've not tried, that you could rearrange the folders on the stick when you plug it into your 'puter to get hq to recognize all the jobs.

Hi Ace Sewer. The CS10 was designed to record multiple sessions in the same job if you use the same USB Thumb Drive for multiple jobs. CS10 jobs are explained in our CS10 FAQ, See the link to the FAQ below.

In HQ you can split the sessions into individual jobs, or create a new job from sessions you select.

After you import your CS10 into HQ, Right-Click on your job containing multiple sessions from the HQ Home Screen.

Select "Split Job" and then the type of split you want to perform (Individual jobs or create a whole new job).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Split HQ Jobs.png
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	18912

Thank you

Dave
          HQ Support
          Last edited by hqsupport1; 08-27-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome answer !,,, of course thumb drives are cheap carry multiple ones and then format once uploaded to HQ. I keep a external hard drive just for my videos. Currently have about 1500 jobs on them. I record everything just in case these days.

Comment

1500 jobs Wayne. that's a whole lot of dirty movies.

I bet that new cs65 that is being advertised can hold it internally with the 1 tb built in drive and usb ports to copy to your customers. need to check that out.

unfortunately my vhs videos from close to 19 years ago are pretty well toast, and my dvd's are pretty much all with the customers, i like the idea of having all my videos copied for my own catalog of inspections. never know when i have to look something up for a customer. in the past i just kept good notes with my invoices. now it look like we can keep the originals pretty easy. i hate to think how many hours of videos i would have from 19 years of inspections. forget about a marathon weekend, it would be a marathon month of shows.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
                I save many post cleaning videos just due to liability etc. These are just short view a to prove me right in a situation where something may be questioned. Correct the CS 65 will be a game changer for sure, I do really feel just like the cs1000 was a new Era of equipment. So will the CS 65 !

back to the originol question, bottom line the Cs10 is best used one inspection per drive as designed.

wayne

Comment

Working...
                X