Screen damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen damage

I was cleaning a pipe while the sunscreen was up on the DVD/LCD monitor. A cable came out of the drain, traveled far enough to crack the screen. Lesson learned. I called Ridgid and asked if they could replace the screen. They said, "send it to us, we have one in stock." I thought it would save time considering that I could keep working while the screen is being replaced. Two weeks later, a repair rep. called and said they stopped carrying the part. After receiving the monitor, I decided to research the problem. I found an OEM screen online for fifty eight dollars plus shipping. Sometimes it can be frustrating to face the decision to repair or replace equipment. Ridgid's direction is to innovate and not deal with obsolete products. I encourage users to research the issue prior to making expensive decision.

Which model monitor is this ?

Comment

The first DVD/LCD units they sold that replaced the VHS units.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by reeceplumbingtech View Post
        I was cleaning a pipe while the sunscreen was up on the DVD/LCD monitor. A cable came out of the drain, traveled far enough to crack the screen. Lesson learned. I called Ridgid and asked if they could replace the screen. They said, "send it to us, we have one in stock." I thought it would save time considering that I could keep working while the screen is being replaced. Two weeks later, a repair rep. called and said they stopped carrying the part. After receiving the monitor, I decided to research the problem. I found an OEM screen online for fifty eight dollars plus shipping. Sometimes it can be frustrating to face the decision to repair or replace equipment. Ridgid's direction is to innovate and not deal with obsolete products. I encourage users to research the issue prior to making expensive decision.
        That you Shawn? This is Collier.

Comment

Working...
        X