Crooked spring/camera head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crooked spring/camera head

My full size seesnake has developed a bend in the spring that causes the camera head to focus on one side the pipe. My mini which is much older doesn't have this bend. I use the star guides with the full size.

The retaining cable and sonde wires inside seem to be alright inside and not bound up.

Any ideas?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

None. But then again, three people have posted here that have kinks develop in their Micro without actually kinking them.

Comment

Just order another spring from coleman, it is real easy to do and when they get hung up they bend sometimes.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

not uncommon for the spring to get a set in it.
        how many times have you had your camera flip in a cleanout and double back at itself.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          not uncommon for the spring to get a set in it.
          how many times have you had your camera flip in a cleanout and double back at itself.

Rick.
          Darn it. That's it! Happens to me all all the time. Just ordered a new spring. Thanks everyone.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Bend the spring below the whoopty do the opposite way.
            That's how I roll.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
              Bend the spring below the whoopty do the opposite way.
              That's how I roll.
              Ok you lost me.

but the new springs came in from AJ today and was easily able to replace the bent one
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• theplungerman
                theplungerman commented
                Editing a comment
                Kink the kinked spring below where it's kinked so it's kinked in the opposite direction of the said Kink. Two Kinks kinked in exact opposite directions should allow for straight shot. Lol. Smile.

hahaha.....got it!
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

That spring was designed for south of the equater obviously. Where gravity is way differnt, I propose you flop the spring the other direction LOL

Comment

If i only have the mini, do you think using that through a toilet trap would be to harsh on the spring? If so, i didnt want to risk that as i have found some toilets are tough to work in the toilet wire auger as it is.

Have folks here successfully slide the mini through toilets without harm to the spring?

Comment

the only camera that was designed for pushing through toilets is the micro drain. it's no so much the spring, it's the rod that will suffer in a toilet trap.

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X