Ridgid Seektech SR-24 Arrives!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Seektech SR-24 Arrives!

Well my SR-60 got wet in a huge thunderstorm, I could not stop the job and the heavy rain messed up the key pad buttons. and had to be sent in for repair, I took my lowest guys SR-20 (my old one) but can not work without my locator so I bought the SR-24. I knew it was pretty much just a SR-20 with some updates but thought I would see. The new extras are bluetooth connection ability and internal GPS and a new software program to connect to a modern smart phone and use it's gps plus make a map and log things you are doing. But it also comes with an SD slot and card so that you can transfer logs of your gps/locating jobs. So there are some new menu items and probably a system update as well though I can not confirm this. The accuracy is a circle like 12 feet around you under good condition's. So it is a good start if super accuracy is not needed. If you need accuracy you have to buy a real good quality GPS data collector like a Trimble to get sub-meter results. These are all features you may not need right now but if you are in a big city and are expected to make as-builts of your jobs then it will probably be part of your future. I am not required to give GIS coordinates at this time I have just been doing it to learn how and to be ahead of the pack on industrial jobs. The app for your phone works and is real easy to use, and the bluetooth works as advertised.
    Seattle Drain Service

Looks the same except for a red sticker that says SR-24 on the machine and the box.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My Scout suits me fine

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        My Scout suits me fine

I have the Scout but I've seen the SR60 in action, big difference. Some day I'll own the 60 or it's sibling.

Comment

Working...
        X