CS10 Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS10 Problems

My CS10 camera control buttons seem to be frozen. I upgraded to V1.123 with no luck. It extracts the information and then verifies ok, but then the screen displays "update error to cancel" The sonde will turn on and off, brightness works, but all of the other buttons on the raised panel seem to be frozen. Any ideas?
    Once you become a pickle you can't go back to being a cucumber.

Move to a warmer state.

sounds like a software issue more than a hardware issue.

have you tried calling tech support?

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

DP, Sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your CS10. I will shoot you a PM to see if we can get this resolved for you!

Comment

Update: Just got off the phone with Ridgid and found out that the keypad was "worn out" and would not be covered under their warranty. Not really sure how as this monitor has seen very little use and is in mint condition. Total cost to repair.....just over $600. Anybody here have any broken cs10 monitors they are willing to part out?

Comment

• gear junkie
          gear junkie commented
          Editing a comment
          what does mint condition look like?

Comment

Comment

Decided to have the part returned to me. Considering that this unit was only manufactured in September 2014 I'm still having a hard time believing the buttons were worn out and it would not be covered under their warranty. Anyone looking to buy a nice cs10 with no recording capability?

Comment

my cs10 had its front module changed after 4 uses because it couldn't record either but now has other problems. I think its best to stay away from cs10 's altogether

Comment

Gotta agree with you. Never used anything other than Ridgid Seesnake equipment because I didn't want to waste my money on junk, but think Ridgid may have a problem with the module in the cs10 as I am obviously not the only person who has experienced premature failure.

Comment

• robertochekwong
                  robertochekwong commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes, i agree there needs to be an overhaul on the design on the cs10. I believe the problems that exist in the cs10 are not being resolved perhaps of some cost reason. 2 brand new cs10s in 3 years both have issues, something is not right. i did post for some help on another thread and got some heat from a member here for complaining about my cs10. Reminds me of some old men in my city here where you cant park in front of his house cause its front of his house when its actually city property. Its strange that my first cs10 was also 2014 but got replaced in about 3 months i recall. you and i may have ones of the same batch? My salesperson was kind enough to swap in a used module to keep me going and until my new one came which i believe has a 2015 tag. All this happened in late 2014. My 2015 model didn't start acting up until 6 months down the road.
                  I was told by rigid last week that if it is keep in cold weather, it needs to warm up, turn off and back on again and it is fine which i am doing. my coldest weather was in my shop about 5 degree Celsius. Honestly it all seems flaky and something cant be right. This is a BIG reason i am planning to go Milwaukee force logic soon and not paying attention to the Ridgid 340 press.

Surprised there not helping you more. Ridgid has been SOOOOOO good to me.

Comment

Working...
                X