The Real Housewife of Malibu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Housewife of Malibu

So I started a new reality show starring A Real Housewife of Malibu. Watch as I get the homeowner to put her hand down the toilet closet bend to retrieve a piece of abs pipe that was obstructing here guest toilet in a multi million dollar beach front property.

First i'll bring you up to speed. The home was built 4 years ago and the original contractor was terminated after the slab was poured. A new contractor was brought in to finish this 1 of a kind home located just up the street from the Getty Villas in Malibu. Problem is the guest bedroom toilet has never flushed properly and has always plugged when used. The new contractor who attempted to repair it with a pressure flush toilet said the underground piping was installed improperly and it's not his fault as he didn't do the underground. The owner accepted that and wasn't interested in busting up their new tile floor and wall. So they lived with it for almost 4 years. Fast forward to last week when i was hired to try to resolve the toilet issue.

No cleanouts for the bathroom plumbing. So I take my rm200 up onto the flat roof and run it down the 2'' abs vent. 12' into the line i spot the stoppage and clear it with my camera head. Exposed the heel outlet and the wet vented lav connection. See what looks like a shard of pipe protruding in from the heel outlet and put it all on my HQ Seesnake Reporting software. Send it off to the owner for review. Owner wants me to bring out my saw and jackhammer. I told him that i will if my attempt to get the shard out fails. I didn't want to load up my truck just for the fun of it.

So i returned yesterday and pulled the 1 pc kohler pressure flush toilet. Discovered the original contractor used a 3'' closet bend and flange. Something only a handyman would use out here. Very rare not to see a 4'' x 3'' closet bend. So I run my micro explorer down into the bend and toward the wet vented sink a total of 4'. See the issue and know I have no way to reach it as it's far and only a 3'' pipe.I didn't want to take the chance and possibly push it into the common main and plug up the entire home. So i use a coat hanger to attempt to drag it forward while monitoring my moves with my camera. I was able to hook it and drag it close enough to the closet bend so that a person with a small arm and hand can attempt to reach it.

Homeowner is recovering from a bad skiing accident 3 months earlier. 2 operations and still in a walker to get around. But I had no choice but to ask. And this is when the camera starts rolling. She said yes. I guess a desperate housewife is up for anything. Walker is left at the bathroom door and she is down on all 4's with here elbow down below the floor. Yes I made sure all her bling was not on her right hand. She was able to touch the piece but not retrieve it. So with a little bit of directing, I was able to get her to shift the shard and retrieve it. I was amazed and she was thrilled. she wanted $60.00 for her help. I told her that her husband owes her a $1000.00 dinner.

Yes, I have a way with the ladies.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	715796 Getting down and dirty Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	715797 Nothing that an infinity pool or the Pacific Ocean can't clean off. Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	715798A room with a view.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.50 MB ID:	715795 looks like a slice of abs pizza.

I guess when you're a Desperate Housewife, you'll do anything for a working toilet. Now when i visit, I'll have a working toilet before i take a dip in the pool.

Rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-15-2017, 06:39 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have no idea on how to comment on this job.

Comment

Thats awesome Rick!!
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

"But I had no choice but to ask." <-I'll never understand doing this in the situation given. Glad it's been corrected in a much simpler way though.

Comment

That's My kinda Woman !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
              PLUMBER RICK commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure we can afford the up keep with this 1 of a kind housewife. Do you know what a convertible Maseratti cost? I don't. Nor do I want to find out.

Rick.

• fixitright
              fixitright commented
              Editing a comment
              Is she single?

• PLUMBER RICK
              PLUMBER RICK commented
              Editing a comment
              NO, and well kept.

Rick.

Thumbs up to her...

Comment

Great story and job Rick. Love the photos. I am sure they are happy they found u and have it finally solved.

On another note we use 4x3 closet flanges all the time. Very strange to see a 3".

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                PLUMBER RICK commented
                Editing a comment
                Very true, When I see a 3'' closet flange, handyman comes to mind. I probably use 1 or 2 true 3'' bowl waxes a year.

Rick.

Couldn't you have given her a glove?

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                PLUMBER RICK commented
                Editing a comment
                I could have if she asked or was hesitant, but she dove right in and wasn't concerned. You know rich peoples $hit don't stink. I did make her wash her hands and arm before she left the house. Don't want to get the Maseratti leather dirty.

Rick.

Real question is, where in the world did that piece of abs come from?
              -Byron

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                PLUMBER RICK commented
                Editing a comment
                The underground and slab work was done by the original contractor that was either let go went bust. most likely just an open line and debris fell in. Could it have been sabotage? My question is why the second contractor couldn't figure it out in 4 years? he even swapped to a pressure flush toilet to try and resolve it.

Rick.
            Working...
            X