$233 for this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $233 for this?

Ridgid and I are about to part ways. Brushes in the K-7500 every 3 to 4 months, electric motor armatures in the K-7500`s every year, Bearings n the K-60 every year, cables not lasting and way over priced parts are pushing me away. This Seesnake part shouldn`t be more than about $50.00 at the most. I seem to spend more time in the shop doing repairs on our Ridgid tools than my helper does out on jobs. After Kirt left AJ Kollmann getting parts orders takes 3 calls. I hate to think how many thousands of dollars I`ve wasted in the last 6 years on repairs.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

I order everything through Chris at AJ and have had zero issues.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• gear junkie
      gear junkie commented
      Editing a comment
      wait a sec....you finally bought a K60?! hahahaha

• Cable or root
      Cable or root commented
      Editing a comment
      He's had a k60 even back in the day. He always complained about it too. Just like fixitright is not as impressed with his k60 as most west coasters. It makes me wonder how different the roots are in the Midwest than they are in the west coast.
      Last edited by Cable or root; 11-14-2017, 12:46 PM.

• All Clear Sewer
      All Clear Sewer commented
      Editing a comment
      We use the K-60 for a jack stand when changing oil in the trucks...ha Don`t tell Rick

K60 bearings every year? Cables not lasting? Brushes every 3-4 months on k7500?, you must be doing something wrong.

Comment

KIRK left ALLAN J COLEMAN back in July of 2016. I understand your frustration with the price of parts and unfortunately that is out of our control, as we are only a distributor for Ridgid equipment. I see in our history that your last purchase from us was back on 2/21/17. My name is Chris and I have been handling the majority of Kirk's duties since he left. If we have not taken care of your needs then i truly apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I am curious as to why you needed to call us 3 times in order to get the correct parts. If there is anything that I can assist you with in the future please don't hesitate to call and ask for me, as I will do everything I can in order to take care of you. We appreciate your business and I hope to continue doing business with you in the future. Chris - Allan J Coleman (773) 728-2400.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        Ridgid and I are about to part ways. Brushes in the K-7500 every 3 to 4 months, electric motor armatures in the K-7500`s every year, Bearings n the K-60 every year, cables not lasting and way over priced parts are pushing me away. This Seesnake part shouldn`t be more than about $50.00 at the most. I seem to spend more time in the shop doing repairs on our Ridgid tools than my helper does out on jobs. After Kirt left AJ Kollmann getting parts orders takes 3 calls. I hate to think how many thousands of dollars I`ve wasted in the last 6 years on repairs.

Ridgid parts are heavily discounted when I order from All Star Sewer. Great service too.

My brushes over 7 1/2 years old on my 300 and I use the chit outta that machine.

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
          Editing a comment
          Just placed an order with them I`ll give them a try

• sewermonster85
          sewermonster85 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s because it’s a spartan! There is no comparison between spartan equipment and ridgid. Now the cameras on the other hand ,ridgid is boss

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Ridgid parts are heavily discounted when I order from All Star Sewer. Great service too.

My brushes over 7 1/2 years old on my 300 and I use the chit outta that machine.
        I`ll have to try them as I`m just about to say turn me over and pull me out I`m past done! Are they the one out of St Louis, Mo?
        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-15-2017, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHRIS@ALLANJCOLEMAN.COM View Post
        KIRK left ALLAN J COLEMAN back in July of 2016. I understand your frustration with the price of parts and unfortunately that is out of our control, as we are only a distributor for Ridgid equipment. I see in our history that your last purchase from us was back on 2/21/17. My name is Chris and I have been handling the majority of Kirk's duties since he left. If we have not taken care of your needs then i truly apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I am curious as to why you needed to call us 3 times in order to get the correct parts. If there is anything that I can assist you with in the future please don't hesitate to call and ask for me, as I will do everything I can in order to take care of you. We appreciate your business and I hope to continue doing business with you in the future. Chris - Allan J Coleman (773) 728-2400.
        I am curious too!!!! I never had problems getting orders from Kirk. When my crap don`t work, I`m not making money and when waiting on orders that never show I tend to get really upset to put it nicely. This crap is way over priced to begin with for no longer than it last. I`m really starting to think they have forgotten some of us are professionals and not Johny home owner...

Comment

Chris not to be picking on you but I`m not sure who takes my orders but it`s some guy. I ordered this part for my seesnake 3 times and have NEVER gotten it. The seesnake has been setting in the corner of the shop costing me camera jobs for the last 2 winters. So I take it apart last night and find out the problem from day one has been a bad part from the get go. The red wire moves in and out so this has been the problem from day 1 of owning the seesnake. I even had you guy`s put a new 200` push cable ( for like $1500 or 2000? Cant remember) on it thinking that was the problem. No, it`s the cheap, way over priced slip ring that was NEVER made right from day one. See why I an about to change brands? I have a K-7500 grave yard now days as well....lol There has to be a better wheel! I have been to loyal to a brand and I really don`t know why? My helper came up with a GREAT idea today. Maybe I should start an upgrade business for Ridgid sewer equipment....lol We eat up K-7500 feeder tubes once a year as well....lol All those cutter bolts we ordered, I heat treat them in house or they only last about a week. Something has to change for the better all the way around or I`m ghosting
          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-15-2017, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
            Editing a comment
            I dont keep that much trash around. Those 2 are 2 that I haven`t gotten around to doing anything with. My helper told me last night he needs "another new one now" so Tomorrow I`ll be fixing one up for him. I really dont know why you keep trying to start crap with me Gear Junkie? And lets make it clear I really don`t care either It`s all good, carry on

• CHRIS@ALLANJCOLEMAN.COM
            Editing a comment
            Well, All clear sewer, as I have said from the get go. "If we have mistreated you in the past in any way, then we sincerely apologize." Just like any of our customers, if you would have just called us we would have attempted to make it right with you. If you ever see your way back to us, we would be happy to assist you in any way that we can. Good luck to you in all of you future endeavors.

• All Clear Sewer
            Editing a comment
            It`s all good here Chris, I`m happy with the way All Star treated me with my order. I`m so happy that I`m making another order tomorrow for other stuff that we have been in need of. They even send me emails to show the order is placed complete with a tracking number so I don`t have to call and ask "Where`s my stuff I ordered?" I told my old lady that when she`s doing the tax paper work for this year to pull the AJ ticket, I wanna see who the sales man was. I bet it was you
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-16-2017, 08:23 PM.

Originally posted by Drain-slayer View Post
          K60 bearings every year? Cables not lasting? Brushes every 3-4 months on k7500?, you must be doing something wrong.
          Yes we are new to the business....
          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-15-2017, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Just curious All clear....if $233 is too much for a slip ring, what is a more appropriate price and why? What other camera issues are you having?
            Last edited by gear junkie; 11-15-2017, 02:13 AM.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I`d say around $50.00 in today`s world just because it`s for a Ridgid. Other brands I`d guess would be even lower. I can buy a complete Kyrie Cam Model SL 2000S Self leveling 200` camera system for $3000 when this Ridgid is $8000 just for the 200` camera and drum only.
              Because it`s just plastic and 3 wires and 3 spring contact points. No real "Technology" there. This is the only problem we`ve ever had and it`s been this way for years. I`m debating on fixing it or just order the Kyrie Cam.

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
                Editing a comment
                Gear Junkie Do you really think I care what you think or say? lol I get calls from people that view this forum all the time asking me how to do things and what I think of the products that we uses every day. Tell your cry baby story to someone else. In fact I had a guy call 2 weeks ago down in TX wanting help with their sewers after the hurricane I asked him how he found me and he said the Ridgid forum...lmao

Thanks Sewermonster85 for your review on the kyrie cam. I went ahead and repaired the seesnake as it`s been a pretty good camera other than the one problem. I was able to take the old slip ring apart and rebuild it so the new slip ring will just go on the parts self till needed. The new one was only $162.97 and got here today. If I can get another 10 to 15 years out of it I`ll be happy...lol

• gear junkie
                gear junkie commented
                Editing a comment
                ......you're still talking but no one cares. Really.....this conversation lost it's meaning a while ago. Why do you think no one else wanted to chime in? I've been getting calls about this thread and we all agree you're a waste of time but mostly good for a chuckle on how emotional you get. Seen you whining and crying on this forum for 10 years....don't expect anything to change now.

• All Clear Sewer
                Editing a comment
                You are right, you are no one!....lmao Get a life Gear Junkie

Hey Gear Junkie, beings how you keep wanting to call me out.... Don`t look now but the seesnake repair is complete....lmao But I know nothing about Technology, R & D and repair... Who would have thunk a sewer rat could do all these things in-house....
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-16-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• gear junkie
                gear junkie commented
                Editing a comment
                Why I had to replace to them doesn't matter (they weren't faulty). Make up your own stories if you wish but I've replaced my countplus 4 times. Yes you have to change the setting to get the correct time and foot count but if you don't, it goes to default...not to an error code.

• All Clear Sewer
                Editing a comment
                "Why I had to replace to them doesn't matter" says Because I have no clue what I`m doing....

• gear junkie
                gear junkie commented
                Editing a comment
                It's because I know what I'm doing is why I was asked to replace them.

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
                Editing a comment
                Or when you`re not high Someone has a case of monkey a$$ now days....lol
                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-16-2017, 09:46 PM.

• gear junkie
                gear junkie commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry All Clear but except for coffee, I don't do drugs. Rarely even drink nowadays. Maybe your self admitted inebriation is why you're not able to comprehend what's going on?

• All Clear Sewer
                Editing a comment
                It`s you`re story so tell it any way you want

It is true ridgid makes a lot of over priced stuff, but so does every one else especially when it comes to replament parts. Being that this is a Ridgid forum there are a lot of Ridgid Fanboys here and they feel like they have to look out for ridgid. They even make videos on how great ridgid products are.

Comment

Ill tell u what ,i dont care at all for ridgids drain cleaning machines except for the hand spinners and k45s i myself like the Spartan lineup much more superior in my eyes but the guys at a j Coleman are true professionals, and know their stuff. Marvin has an answer for every question. The repair techs do a fine job ,can't speak on shipping because they're only 45 min from my shop . Do I think that they're pricey? Yes.. But I do not know the value of their knowledge,what their overhead is and cost of doing business,but when I get my parts from there or when they fix my stuff ,never have I had an issue and to me i think it's vary fair not bashing anyone here or taking sides i do too buy equiltment and parts elsewhere but these guys are pretty awesome guys.

Comment

Working...
                X