Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED Lighting With MicroReel And CA-350...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Lighting With MicroReel And CA-350...

I purchased my microreel around 7 years ago as my 1st camera reel and have not been happy with it since. I never use it because of the low output LED's. I recently upgraded to a CA-350 in hopes that it would fully power the LEDS only to be let down again.

Below are pic's from a 4" PVC and a 4" cast iron line. I've already sent my reel in to the Ridgid repair center twice for this LED issue and they seem to think nothing is wrong.

So... others with a microreel, is this what's to be expected for lighting?

Just went to my basement and took one pic from my microdrain and one from my microreel powered by the CA-350.

Comment

• AssTyme
      AssTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean?

Originally posted by gear junkie
    {"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":728338}{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":728339}

These are from using a full sized monitor? Mine will get better/brighter when using my CS10 but nowhere close to yours.

Comment

• AssTyme
      AssTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      Does your microreel have the "count plus" option?

I Like my Micro reel with the CS6. Great picture.

All in the Monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
      I Like my Micro reel with the CS6. Great picture.

All in the Monitor?

There has to be something wrong with my reel case??? GJ's microreel looks far better in 4" cast and 6" clay than both my microdrain and microreel in 4" PVC.

Comment

• AssTyme
        AssTyme commented
        Editing a comment
        I've used a microexployer, CA-300, CA-350, CS6 and CS10 all with the same results. There must be a bad connection in my reel case???

• fixitright
        fixitright commented
        Editing a comment
        I think GJ just Whacks it less... Or you need to Whack it more.

If they aren't doing anything for you in Ohio you could always send it in to AJ Coleman for a second opinion
      -Byron

Comment

• fixitright
        fixitright commented
        Editing a comment
        Your just a few hours away.

You do leave that Giant Metropolitan area you live in now and then?
        Last edited by fixitright; 03-09-2018, 08:41 PM. Reason: If I could only spell

• Cable or root
        Cable or root commented
        Editing a comment
        Nowhere here fixes cameras or sells sewer equipment in town. After going through roto corp, dcd,, Ridgid repair center, and a few others we find AJ Coleman to be the best, with the quickest turnaround, and solid ansewrs

Originally posted by Cable or root View Post
      If they aren't doing anything for you in Ohio you could always send it in to AJ Coleman for a second opinion

I'm wondering how they determine if the LED brightness is within spec?

Comment

Just an idea: Maybe get a light meter or borrow one from a photographer? Then test the lumens under the right conditions (against white board or whatever) to get a number that you have. Then maybe get someone else to do the same? Or maybe ask Ridgid, Coleman, etc. if they have a spec. range that the lumens should be in for you to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          Just went to my basement and took one pic from my microdrain and one from my microreel powered by the CA-350.

Just got it back. 1st pic is powered from a CA-350, 2nd pic from a CS10. The real test will be in 4" cast.

Comment

Big difference between the CA-350 power and the CS10 power to the LED's.

Comment

That's a huge difference .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie
                Use a skid and you'll get way better results https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRGqJkgiGmI

Yes I was using the Ridgid skid that came with the unit although it's undersized for the 4" pipe.

Comment

Comment

They look good. Which reel and powered by the CA-300 alone?

Do you have the "count plus" option?

Comment

OMG my micoreel seems to be finally fixed although it really needs to be powered from a full size reel.

Comment

Working...
                      X