Huh.......interesting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh.......interesting

Anyone see the latest Plumber magazine? 20 push cameras were highlighted. 17 of them had the monitor mounted on the frame for easier viewing.

Any guess on the 3 camera systems where the monitor is laying on the ground?

Just to give you a hint.....Scooter and Easycam were 2 of them.

Last edited by gear junkie; 04-13-2018, 01:09 AM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

my rm200 has a built in mount for the both the cs6 and cs65. I rarely use the mount for monitoring the sewer. just for transporting the camera system.

I use the ground to get the best angle and avoid the sun or splash.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Those mounts on the RM200 are for transportation only. Those other 17 cameras I mentioned are for transportation AND viewing. From personal experience, having the CS6X mounted on the frame is a must have feature.....I haven't figured out how to tilt the ground yet and the monitor is out the dirt or crappy covered floor.

If I can come up with something this useful and versatile as a simple plumber, imagine what Ridgid could come up with if they wanted too. This is a working model I've been using since Mar of 2014. Has caused zero issues with the frame or CS6X while preserving life of the interconnect cord and making my inspections easier.

Or plumbers that use Ridgid cameras can just keep doing yoga poses during inspections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfmwSLsIVOI&t=119s

Click image for larger version

Name:	23050813433_1b64e2df22_o_250161e330fa485f53ed4b8337368835 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	729601
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        not true. the cs6 can be used while mounted in the rm200 built in handle. I use it when the cleanout is overhead or at a level where standing is required.

Rick.

• gear junkie
        gear junkie commented
        Editing a comment
        Why not use the CS6X in the RM200 built in handle all the time? Why do you only use when standing or with overhead cleanout?

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        Typical cleanouts are ground level. I'm on the ground. With my reel off to the side and monitor on the ground within simple reach for stills and video buttons.

When the cleanouts are higher, I stand up and therefore the monitor is also up.

Rick.

You may laugh but I love the big screen on the cs10. The clean out in that photo is rediculous. How the hell is somosom supposed to clean from that? Seen that a few times and I always cut em down.
      -Byron

Comment

• gear junkie
        gear junkie commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow no WAY. What happened now?! Mincam is a German company. Outstanding video quality, even pan and tilt. Talking to plumber from Europe, mincam is considered the top system even above ridgid. Rausch is the only distributer here so the repair centers are the only reason I'm not seriously considering them.

• gear junkie
        gear junkie commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW....let me know if you want to sell you microreel. I know a guy that modifies their capabilities to make it alot more versatile. But with the luck you've been having, maybe you should sell it to me lol

• gear junkie
        gear junkie commented
        Editing a comment

Originally posted by Cable or root View Post
      You may laugh but I love the big screen on the cs10. The clean out in that photo is rediculous. How the hell is somosom supposed to clean from that? Seen that a few times and I always cut em down.

I too love the large 12" monitors. Not sure you could mount that on a reel it might be way too top heavy.

I usually like the reel behind me and the monitor in front on the ground. Different strokes for different folks
      Last edited by AssTyme; 04-15-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• gear junkie
        gear junkie commented
        Editing a comment
        the reel is behind you? Why did you start doing it that way? how do you feed the rod back in?

• AssTyme
        AssTyme commented
        Editing a comment
        Not far behind me. To my left side and just behind me. It's most natural/comfortable for me. Somewhat like the pic you posted above, the reel behind him with the monitor up front.

I'm going to catch heck for this but my scooter cam has become my go to camera

Comment

My ridgid is for longer runs and recording ,the scooter is light ,small and can do 75% of my inspections

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

I too love the large 12" monitors. Not sure you could mount that on a reel it might be way too top heavy.

I usually like the reel behind me and the monitor in front on the ground. Different strokes for different folks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ridgid-sees...MAAOSwa0VZ6nAF

Comment

Working...
          X