RM200B or Mini ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RM200B or Mini ?

Hello, I am a home inspector ready to also provide sewer scopes to my customers. I could use some help on deciding which unit to buy. RM200B or the mini ? I have been on many sewer scopes and watch how they go. It seems the most common issue is bad access locations, not being able to get past corners or not being able to reach the end of the line. I don't want to be the guy that cant complete the job. I have watched many that fail and then another contractor is able to do the complete scope. The ones that fail seem to have cheap equipment. What model will give me the best success ?
    The mini is 1k cheaper. The rm200b only has 165' but slides easier.

Any opinions ?
    Thanks

or maybe the rm200A. I have read some good and some bad about the more flexible "A" cable. Might work good for my needs.

Comment

You pretty much have the pluses and minuses of all 3 choices.

I actually have all 3. along with many other choices.

The mini is a good choice if you go self leveling as the rm series is self leveling. less expensive if you had to replace the complete push rod.

The rm200 d2b reel is 165' but will out push the mini 200' side to side. the replacement push rod is expensive.

The rm200 d2a is 200'. but is not as stiff as the d2b and will not push as far.

my go to camera is the rm200 with the d2b 165' cable. followed by the mini 200'.

I do have full size cameras and prefer the rm200 as it's more compact and pushes better with the 1'' self leveling camera. i do 1.5'' - 6'' lines with no problem.

chances are you will eventually end up with more than 1 camera. but my first choice for a good all around camera if you don'y mind the extra cost is the rm200 d2b. otherwise the ss mini with self leveling head.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

• JFDI
        JFDI commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got a Mini I bought last year after foolishly selling my 4 year old mini a year before. The new Mini has brighter lights, but can't push out anywhere as well as the old Mini in 4" - 6" pipes as the cable is way more flexible, which for me is annoying.

For smaller pipes I use to use the MicroReel, but foolishly sold that as well. I saw a video from KnarlyCarl of the 2019 WWETT Show & I like CamTronics MiniFlex for smaller pipes so will buy one of those very shorly.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u90JDhmY6bE

Thanks for your input.
      I just ordered the mini. Ridgid just came out with "TruSense" the camera has HDR which makes for a much improved image. And it also have degree of angle. The angle degree could come in handy. Easy to spot and prove a belly in the pipe.

Comment

Yes they did. But realize water is your best friend when it comes to pitch and bellies.

The angle would come in very handy when the line is plugged and you need to know when you hit the drop.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Just remember the mini you can get new 200? pushrod for about $1500 installed the RM 200 is about $3000 we do 6 Camera inspections a day the rm 200 is an excellent camera ( Love the CSX mount )but their parts are ridiculous

Comment

• JFDI
            JFDI commented
            Editing a comment
            In New Zealand a new cable is quoted at around $5000 ($3300 USD). The RM200 is not popular Down Under as the earlier models (not sure if they've improved) broke really easily including the push rod so the Mini is the most popular of the Ridgid cameras, but I will be looking at Sewercam when I head across to Aussie in a few months as I'm not happy with my new Mini.
        Working...
        X