Camera repair centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera repair centers

I have an older spartan mini that I recently took in. Theres a nasty kink about 2' back from the spring..Still works but its hanging on for dear life. Any service centers in chicago ,illinois,or indiana anywhere?I dont think allan j Coleman services spartan cameras...I dont want to send it out to spartan ,they take forever theres a guy that fixes em but I'd have to pay a gwap for shipping...trying to find something local
    Attached Files

And then there was a Place called AJ Coleman in Chicago.

Even my Ridgid Rep in Minneapolis says to go there.

Comment

• sewermonster85
      sewermonster85 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont think a j services spartan anymore

• fixitright
      fixitright commented
      Editing a comment
      Won't hurt to ask. Perhaps they will know who will fix it.

Who does reterm in SoCal? I need to get my Color SL repaired. Update: I dropped my camera off at EPL for repair. Turns out the slip rings were bad. My only gripe is that I asked them how long it would be down and they indicated a day or two. Unfortunately they didn't have the parts in stock so it's estimated to be more like a week. They did offer to provide me a "loaner" but it was out on loan to someone else.
    Last edited by Plummit1; 04-23-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I'll never use Spartan service for anything again. Several years ago when I was working for another company we bought a Spartan cam (similar to the one pictured above but I think it had DVD recorder). Apparently they sold us one of the last units before they switched platforms and when it needed repair a year later they wouldn't even take it in for service. They flat out told us they don't work on those anymore and advised us to buy a new one! We ended up getting if fixed locally and continued to use it but WTF!

I still use their drum machines but NEVER buy anything from them or have them service anything.

Comment

Working...
      X