Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scout

Hi I have a Scout sonde and line locator and when I am trying to locate the sonde on 512, I cannot find the poles either side of the equator

Could be that the sonde is tilted..... I have run into this a few times and just relied signal strenght for the locate.

Comment

Thanks drainman I have also tried it with the sonde on the ground with a flat level surface with still no luck

Comment

Is the sonde part of a See Snake camera or a remote one ? I've had them tilted in a drain that would cause that.... a remote batteries might be low..... it could be the sonde itself.... I never had any problems with my Scout ( over 10 yrs old ) with a properly working sonde .

Comment

Yes it’s part of the seesnake trusense and cs6x versa monitor

Comment

If you have access to another Scout or remote sonde you would be able to eliminate one or the other as the problem, if your scout's batteries are good and it's set at 512 hrtz and you are picking up the signal but your poles are not showing up on display after doing a vertical sweep over the sonde tough to diagnose.

Seems like newer equipment if they both are under warranty i send it to a authorized repair center or you could try calling Ridgid technical support.

Comment

Did you turn it on?

Comment

• drainman scott
                drainman scott commented
                Editing a comment
                I would hope so. but i'm sure you have seen it all.

Make sure you have your scout adjusted to 512 sonde trace not 512 line trace.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

• drainman scott
                drainman scott commented
                Editing a comment
                That's got to be it.... just tried mine no poles.
            Working...
            X