Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone suggest a stronger signal sonde for locating deeper lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone suggest a stronger signal sonde for locating deeper lines?

Have a PVC line ~12' deep. It appears to have cleanouts but there is nothing at the surface. The landscaping is nice and I'd like to tear up as little of it as possible. Getting only a very vague signal from the sonde in the camera.

Same here. Would suggest going to another forum. I didn't have to dig, just did a general locate.

Comment

I have had mixed results with my SeeSnake sonde ... I've been able to pinpoint @ over 10 ' on some lines and unable to pinpoint @ 5 ' .. It all depends on many variables soil conditions , slope, other utilities in the ground ect .

General Wire and Spring claim there hot spot GL150 Sonde 20 transmits @ 512 HZ as deep as 15' in Cast and 30 ' in PVC although it does not give the wattage it uses to accomplish the task . I would simply tell the customer that finding the buried cleanouts will require extra sod removal because of the lack of a detailed drawing telling there location.

Comment

If you really want a good deep unit go to https://prototek.net/
        Also try hooking your transmitter to the monitor ground lug to energize the seesnake push cable, 8khz is good and mostley accurate but if needed jump up higher if getting spoty results
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
        X