Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approximate cost to calibrate Ridgid scout locator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approximate cost to calibrate Ridgid scout locator?

My locator has been acting up lately which makes it difficult to find the lines. I know it's not the sonde on the camera because I borrowed another scout which is the exact same model and that one worked great. I've put in 2 sets of brand new batteries just to rule out getting duds. I'm guessing I'll need to send mine in for recalibration but I wanted to see if any of you have had the service and how much it cost.

Verify you have the locator set to sonde and not just 512hz.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I made sure it's on 512hz sonde mode.

Comment

usually one of the antenna coils has gone bad or could have become unhooked that is rare though as they are overbuilt at the factory and you can't really work on one at home it has to be sent in most of the time
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

It's not a calibration like a procedure the antennas sit in a defined spot and have a certain value that the software is expecting, when an antenna gets unplugged or goes bad they replace it and then test the locator to see if it is in specs. So most of the time you have labor plus whatever the parts are needed. probably $400-$600 since that is what you want to know.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
          X