Tool Case Monitor Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Case Monitor Issue

I have been out-of-State for the last few weeks on various projects. An issue which came up with my Tool Case monitor was the REC & MIC ON/OFF icons did not come up on the monitor while taping a sewer lateral.

As this information is important to what I do I called the Ridgid Help Line to get a quick answer. The quick answer was the monitor needed to go in to get serviced which was going to take three weeks. As I could not wait the three weeks I continued to use the monitor. The following day the monitor went back to working normally.

My question is; has anyone else had this problem and what did you do abouty it? The morning of the problem the temperature was in the mid 20s. I'm not sure if this would cause the condition but I am trying to decide if I need to send my monitor in for repairs.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

mark, did you adjust the advanced user options?
    do you need to ship it to ohio or san diego?

i just started to use the tool box monitor. i like the cordless , battery feature. what i don't like is the monitor resolution and that there is no running time track on the vcr. i always use the running time for notes and playback.
    i guess i can keep the onscreen time feature running, but this interfears with a good quality picture. i miss the taping, running time totals. what do you do?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

mark, make sure that the auto repeat button was not pushed on.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

The clock and date stamp are the prefered method for forensic documentation. As for the resolution, I have been pleased with the resolution but I generally use the sun hood which improves the resolution quite a bit.

For service I was just dropping it off at J M McKinney in Van Nuys and they were sending it out. As I was out-of-State and still had 40 more inspections there was no way to send the unit in right away. I considered going over to ToolUp.com in Las Vegas and buying a second unit but I've been waiting for a Ridgid Promotion (hint hint) to buy my backup machine.

Mark

Comment

Never mind I just saw the 06 Spring Fling Promotion. If I spend $9,000 on a SeeSnake I get a free Carhartt jacket and bibs I wouldn't wear. I believe last year I would have gotten a K-50 as a promotion for a SeeSnake. I guess I will have to find another motivation.

Mark
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 02-10-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

mark, wait till the nashville trade show. most vendors will have a special and will honor it even though you're not there. or there is always pomona in june.
            in fact i'll be in pomona this sunday for the winternational drags.

rick.

also see what jeff at mckinney can do for you with a back up monitor. he has done good for me on propress.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
              mark, wait till the nashville trade show. most vendors will have a special and will honor it even though you're not there. or there is always pomona in june.
              in fact i'll be in pomona this sunday for the winternational drags.

rick.

also see what jeff at mckinney can do for you with a back up monitor. he has done good for me on propress.
              Rick,

The Nashville show is the weekend of the 17th. I will be in Nashville the weekend of the 24th. It's too bad it didn't work out so I was able to be there the same weekend.

I am not looking for a backup monitor I am really looking for a full size system as a second system. I miss all of the equipment I sold with my business and it seems I am slowly but surely replacing it.

I figured out what was wrong with the monitor. The tape I was using jammed a 1 hour 40 minutes. When it jammed it prevented the VCR from tapping even though I was pushing the button and the light came on.

Mark

Comment

mark, i have a full size color unit too along with a few others. the briefcase one is very nice since i don't need power for it. i would like a real running time clock though. all of my tapes have a running time to go along with my notes of the job. it's simple to fast forward this way. a less expensive back up is the power supply and a 9'' tv,vcr combo. that's what i used from the start of cameras. 9+ years (pre ridgid).

rick.

say hi to elvis.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

I've had the full size systems as well but have enjoyed the mini color with the tool case. When I'm done with a tape I might have up to twenty laterals on one tape. I copy them to a DVD and make each house its own chapter. That way I can pop the DVD into my laptop and go directly to the lateral I want to look at.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X