How can I tell when a machine was built based on serial number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I tell when a machine was built based on serial number

I am trying to figure when a Ridgid 1822 threader was built Serial Number EA-02405.

serial number

This model is a 05. the last digit is the year. the ea. is just a letter preferance that ridgid comes up with.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

chic, what's the 024 bit stand for? The WEEK it was made?
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Bob, i am pretty sure it means the 4th week of feb.Iam sure about the 05 part of the serial number as i deal with alot of ridgid pipe threaders,i never really concerned myself with the other numbers.
        A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Thanks chic, I know most of the controls stuff I deal with every day is by year and week, a few are year/month/day or some combination but usually its a 2 digit year then 2 digits for the week.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Since there are 3 digits 024 it could be going by Julian date the 24th day of the year.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
            X