Interesting Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting Job

I used my SeeSnack camera and Navitrack on an electrical problem again a couple of weeks ago. This was up at my place in Utah where one of my neighbors has a small Sports Bar with an RV Park and a half dozen or so large Log Cabins.

He was just finishing up construction on his last Cabin and he could not pull the wires from the main Park panel to the Cabin's sub panel. The Electrician told him there was some type of blockage 20 feet in from both sides of a 130' run. The electrician had marked the lawn but I offered to verify the problem and the locations before the backhoe came in and tore up the new sod.

Starting at the sub-panel I found a broken 2" sch. 40 conduit about 30' in and marked the spot using my Navitrack. It looked like a backhoe must have got it by the way it was broken. I then ran from the panel (live panel ) about 100' and found the same break. Again using the Navitrack I was able to verify the locate I had preformed from the other direction.

Because of my camera my neighbor was able to see the problem before he dug it up. Because of my Navitrack he was able to hand dig the right location rather than backhoe the Electricians location and he saved his new sod lawn.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

careful mark. you know what happened to plumber when he pissed off the sparkies

good job, but i already knew that

it's your turn to give adam a field trip. i did and he's as good as it gets

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        how about the sewer line that was pierced by a core sample drilling rig?

i was called to a small medical complex last week to figure out why the sewer is plugged up and the last plumber had to cut off his snake.

i ran my seesnake out 74' into the stopped up line. trying to get a strong signal, i backed it up to 25' to start tracking it. yipes th eline is already 7'6'' deep. after marking every 10' i got to the dead end at 74'. i moved a parked truck that was where my camera homed in on.

guess what? under the truck was some fresh asphalt (6 months). it was a soil core sample done in 2 spots of a 50 spot parking lot. at 8' deep the sewer was hit by a 6'' diameter core.

after discussing my findings with the dr. in charge, i was informed that the sewer had backed up 4 hours after the cores were drilled. this was 6 monts ago. it has been backing up every 2 weeks since. you would have thought that the dr. would have put 2 and 2 together

once the problem was discovered the blacktop was hand dug by another co. in 3 hours. half the dirt had already washed down the sewer at this time. 2 cleanots were installed and the line was jetted to wash out the remainding debris.

the seesnake allowed me to find the problem, even thought the pipe was full of sewage. too bad the dr. didn't use some common sence prior to snaking the line for 6 months.

rick.
        Rick, I hope this Dr. doesn't do brain surgery or something else critical, cause if he couldn't put the core bore and the sewer back up together I don't want him operating on me.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Sounds like a great account you picked-up . Congrats

Comment

it's your turn to give adam a field trip. i did and he's as good as it gets

rick.
            I got a call asking me to look at a $20,000,000 home in Hawaii the second week of July. Do you think Adam would be up for a field trip then?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I got a call asking me to look at a $20,000,000 home in Hawaii the second week of July. Do you think Adam would be up for a field trip then?

Mark
              forget adam, my bags are packed

my passport is still good

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

forget adam, my bags are packed

my passport is still good

rick.
                Adams too young, Rick's too busy.

Luckily I know a guy with over twenty years of construction plumbing experience who could probably squeeze a trip into his busy schedule.

When do we leave?

ps. Rick,

I know it's been awhile since you were in school, Hawaii is now a state. You don't need a passport.
                the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                  ps. Rick,

I know it's been awhile since you were in school, Hawaii is now a state. You don't need a passport.
                  LOL-Now that is probably one of the funniest posts I have seen in a while. (sorry Rick)

Actually I have not accepted the job yet but I am giving it strong consideration.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    LOL-Now that is probably one of the funniest posts I have seen in a while. (sorry Rick)

Actually I have not accepted the job yet but I am giving it strong consideration.

Mark
                    When you say you are considering the job, are you talking about contracting the plumbing or acting as a consultant?
                    the dog

Comment

When you say you are considering the job, are you talking about contracting the plumbing or acting as a consultant?
                      No the house is a couple of years old but is having some problems so they are looking for a consultant. At this point I'm not sure who my client would be.

Mark

Comment

Adams too young, Rick's too busy.

Luckily I know a guy with over twenty years of construction plumbing experience who could probably squeeze a trip into his busy schedule.

When do we leave?

ps. Rick,

dog, did you notice the little smiley at the end of my post about the passport

joey too gave me grief over this. no one understands my humor.

mark, can you back me

dog, so now you want to take my spot and you haven't even met mark yet.

plus i owe mark a lunch or two

tell you what, we can all go together and i'll buy the meals

rick.

ps. joey doesn't care who she goes with, as long as she goes
                        phoebe it is

Comment

[quote=PLUMBER RICK;82667][/b]

mark, can you back me

I don't want to get in the middle here but Rick did call me to ask what language they speak in Hawaii.

Mark

Comment

[QUOTE=ToUtahNow;82673]
                            [/b]

mark, can you back me

I don't want to get in the middle here but Rick did call me to ask what language they speak in Hawaii.

Mark
                            Utah,

That is funny.

Rick,

I'll make a deal with you: you go to Hawaii, and since Joey doesn't mind who she eats with I'll take her to dinner. Note the is no smiley faces.

I use no faces because I don't know how.
                            the dog

Comment

I'm from Hawai'i. Let me know if you need a tour guide.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                                I'm from Hawai'i. Let me know if you need a tour guide.
                                tour guide, chauffeur, another buddy, translator

k-60 owner

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X