Which Monitor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Monitor?

Okay it looks like Ridgid did not have anything decent for the SeeSnake part of the Spring Fling Promotion so I am ready to buy a new camera system next week. I currently have a KD-200 with a ToolBox monitor. I am now planning on purchasing a self-leveling KD-325 but cannot decide which monitor I want. I am leaning towards another ToolBox monitor but would like to hear from anyone who thinks I should save my money and go with the standard monitor w/VCR and why?

Thanks-Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Originally posted by ToUtahNow
    I am leaning towards another ToolBox monitor but would like to hear from anyone who thinks I should save my money and go with the standard monitor w/VCR and why?

Thanks-Mark
    mark, i would go with the full size tv/vcr.
    a much clearer picture.

my first couple of monitors were just a 9'' ac/dc tv-vcr. i combined this with a power pack for the camera. the mic was a wireless system and still works great. also a 9'' tv/vcr is only $120. and the ridgid power box is a few hundred.

not sure if the self leveling camera head is as durable as the standard head. i always run water to check for bottom of pipe.
    might be tuff though in the electrical conduit jobs.

you'll get a better deal in june. if you can wait. or take 1 of mine. my wife will cut you a deal. tax time is here

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for the input, I do not need the self-leveling feature but those who view my work would appreciate it. My old SeeSnakes all had the full-sized monitors but I prefer the ToolBox screen. I'm just trying to figure out if any of the new full-sized monitors have any features the TooBox does not.

As for the PHCC show they generally give you 10% off which is what my guy does year-round. I will be working out-of-State until May 26th which will put me back in town just in time to buy you breakfast before the show.

Mark

BTW:

This out-of-State project has 90 laterals to video amongst other things.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Which Monitor?

Nosotros tenemos 4 monitores pero no tenemos el tool box
        Si lo que busca es un monitor con grabadora el Videso System Manager es el ideal (VSM)

para nosotros es el mejor equipo, ahora superado por el monitor + DVD
        Cloacas Argentinas

Comment

Working...
        X