X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with transmitter

My company reciently purchased 2 rigid sea snake plus's with navitrack locators and vcr/tv monitors. Niether are sending out a 512mhz signal, both happened within 2 months of buying them and a week apart. Anyone have any ideas??

please reply

ive tested it with another locator and neither of them are sending a 512mhz.

Comment

a couple of issues first. first make sure that the navitrak is set to 512 and not a different freq. make sure the tramsmitter switch on the monitor is set when you locate. if possible see if you can test both the camera and the locator with another persons equipment.

last, if all else fails, you need to take it to a service center for repair, replacement.

p.s. in the 9 years i've had seesnakes, i only had to replace 1 transmitter in my mini. hard to believe that 2 are damaged in 2 months.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Its all set at 512, both locators, and used old gator locators (2 of them) they arent picking up signal. They are brand new, thinking maybe a common problem? The new monitors don't have a switch for the locate, its already on. Thinking about taking transmitter out and putting it back in, maybe loose or something.

Comment

Originally posted by rotorootermaneric
          Its all set at 512, both locators, and used old gator locators (2 of them) they arent picking up signal. They are brand new, thinking maybe a common problem? The new monitors don't have a switch for the locate, its already on. Thinking about taking transmitter out and putting it back in, maybe loose or something.
          eric, what monitor are you using that are already turned on to locate.
          the original 9 year old seesnake (pre ridgid)that i still have was an always on transmitter. the newer, last 3-4 years monitors, you need to turn on.

what monitor are you using, that the transmitter is on? also do you get the wavy lines on the monitor that show the transmitter is on?

might be user error

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Brand new monitor

its the rigid 2 sea snake just released and brand new, does everything for you, no need to turn locate on. used it for 2 months then nothing. it even has a remote control.

Comment

Just to be sure make sure your Navitrack is set to the Sonde Mode.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

navitrack 2

navitrack 2 is set to sonde, cannot locate with an old gatror at 512, the newest version of monitor with vcr ect built in, cannot believe that they are both messing up.

Comment

Regardless of the monitor, all new transmitters must be activated to work. On the Monitor + VCR and the color video toolcase, the transmitter is activated by turning the light control (the round knob with the yellow icon above it) all the way counter clockwise until it clicks. The monitor should then have faint lines running across it. On the monitor pack (for Compacts and Flatpacks), the transmitter is activated by holding the red power button down until the white transmitter icon in the upper right hand corner of the monitor enclosure lights up.

It could be that for the first two months you had the transmitter activated and then someone adjusted the light intensity by turning the knob clockwise.

If this does not solve your problem, email me with your telephone number and a good time to call. I will see if we can work through the issue.
                  Mark F. Fleming<br />Product Manager<br />RIDGID/Kollmann

Comment

Working...
                  X