X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Leveling SeeSnake

I am in the market for a new SeeSnake Plus to go with my Mini and I am considering a self-leveling camera. PlumberRick has brought up the question of reliability. I have been all over the Ridgid site trying to research the self-leveling camera, the ToolCase monitor and the Full size TV/VCR monitor.

For whatever reason there is next to nothing as far as info on the self-leveling camera or the ToolCase monitor. I believe that is a marketing mistake but I'm sure there are concerns I am not aware of. Anyways I guess I need to know about any issues there may be regarding the self-leveling camera. Little things like are the bearings sealed or are they subject to fouling?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Well it looks like no one has any info on the self-leveling camera which they would like to share. I went ahead and purchased one anyways so I will post my thoughts after I get a chance to use it.

Mark

BTW: I went with another ToolCase monitor with the package.

Comment

Had one two years

I work for the Texas prison system, bought one two years ago and it has been in my office 3 times, always have a waiting list to use it. Had no problems with it at all and it has been abused a little. Great tool to have.

Comment

I finally took the new self-leveling seesnake off of the truck last week and took it for a test-run. I have to say I was very impressed with the self leveling feature. I ran 15 laterals and the camera stayed true through all of them. By the end of next week I will have done over 100-laterals on this job and I now wish they were all done with the self-leveling camera.

In July I have some where over 200-laterals and five miles of 8" & 10" sewer mains to run. I am pretty sure I will be able to use this camera to do the entire project.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X