X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToolCase Monitor Battery

I used my new ToolCase monitor for about 10-days trouble free and then it would not run on battery or take a charge. I called Ridgid's help line to help figure it out and was told I would have to drive about 60-miles to a Service Center but if it was a battery Ridgid was out of batteries.As driving what would end up to be 2-round trips or 240-miles ($66.00 in gas these days) and no guarantee of when a battery would be available I went on the Internet and did a search. I found a supplier who had the batteries for $17.80 a piece, in stock and ready to ship. I ordered two batteries ( one spare ) on Friday and received them tonight (Tuesday). The new battery fixed the problem and I am back in business.

For anyone who every needs a battery in a hurry here is a link:

http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.as...SL104/36L104S1

For less than the cost of gas for a warranty call round trip X2 I bought two new batteries ($45.43 delivered) and I am ready to put the monitor back in service all in just 3-business days.

Mark

BTW: I really like these ToolCase monitors.
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 06-14-2006, 02:25 AM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

mark, would the toolcase work on ac power supply, or 12 volt dc cord?

my toolbox last less than 2 hours when i use the battery only. if i need to still be portable i plug it into a 12 volt jump starter pack. if ac is close i plug into an outlet.

there are a number of battery stores in the general area of my house. these batteries are also avaliable at fryes. it's very common to a back up battery for an alarm system controller.

i also have a 9'' ac/dc tv,vcr that i use if i need a real bright picture. the lcd screen on the toolbox is marginal.

rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
      mark, would the toolcase work on ac power supply, or 12 volt dc cord?

my toolbox last less than 2 hours when i use the battery only. if i need to still be portable i plug it into a 12 volt jump starter pack. if ac is close i plug into an outlet.

there are a number of battery stores in the general area of my house. these batteries are also avaliable at fryes. it's very common to a back up battery for an alarm system controller.

i also have a 9'' ac/dc tv,vcr that i use if i need a real bright picture. the lcd screen on the toolbox is marginal.

rick
      It worked fine on A/C and 12 Volt D/C using my Jump Start but would not work on the battery and the light stayed red while trying to charge it.

How much does Fry's get for the batteries?

Comment

mark, it sounds like the battery got jarred and shorted or the battery got discharged too low. these batteries are not deep cycle batteries.
        the price of the battery is still cheap enough that the replacement cost is still less than buying a ni-cad/ nmhd type battery. the other battery powered monitor uses a makita battery.

as far as fry's goes, i try not to shop there. last time i checked they are in the $20. range.

you can put a cigarette outlet on your second battery to give you 2x the working time. this way you don't need to swap out the battery in the tray and still use both batteries.

i like the portable jump start too. it runs my sewer machine winch and also gives me some air for a gas test.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,The battery was not jarred and it had 75% charge when it went out. I'm sure it was just a defective battery which is what happens with mechanical things sometime.Mark

Comment

Working...
          X