X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scout question

picked up my scout, 512Hz sonde, and 7/8 cap assy c/n 69972.

scout works like a charm!! playing with the sonde i was able to locate it with great ease. of course this is on dry land. so far so gooooooooood!

now looking at the sonde i realize this CAN NOT be attached to a 7/8 cable (like on my K-75) and sent down a pipe without destroying the sonde. not something i want to do until it at least has made some money and paid for it self ;>)

the catalog was very poor in describing what the 7/8 cap assy was for. we assumed it would connect the sonde to the cable and life would be good.

is there a means of affixing the sonde to a cable (encapsulating it for protection) and feeding it down a dark and mysterious hole to locate the pipe?

Do i need another piece of equipment? if so what?

as far as i know the closest RIGID rep is in Puerto Rico. and my spanish is probably not better than their spanglish. not a slam or a slur but a fact of life.

any help would be appreciated as i could use the Scout this weekend.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

i show that the remote transmitter / sonde part #16728 will connect to a 7/8'' sectional cable or 1/2'' drum cable with adapter #19268.

another note. when using a sonde and no camera, it will take longer to locate since you are going in blind. you have no idea what direction or turns the sonde made. also if the sonde is not sitting flat/ horizontal, it will be difficult to pinpoint. i suggest to locate every 15'-25' to keep an eye on the sonde. also do a 5' front and rear location to make sure your center mark is correct.

with the use of a camera, most of this is not necessary since you can see turns and if the sonde is flat. plus the transmitter is built into the camera and is self powered. i rarely use my remote transmitters now.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Plumber Rick,
      thanks. i got a reply from Mark@RIGID. the cap assy #69972 is for an older sonde. my sonde # is 16728. the threaded part of the cap is about 1 1/8 inches across. there is a brass looking washer fitting that appears to be a press fit. the sonde is about the size of a CO2 carteidge. the "backside" has a female thread of about 1/4 inch.

i don't have Mark's e-mail in front of me so i cant tell you the part # he addressed.

i agree with the greater difficulty with not having a camera, but at this point in time it is not an option. one of the biggest problems here is that many people have no idea where their septic tanks are. me included. poor records, rebuilds/refurbs after hurricanes, abandoned systems, etc make a locating job very lucrative here. someday a camera system, but for now.....

oh, life in the islands, mon
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
        i show that the remote transmitter / sonde part #16728 will connect to a 7/8'' sectional cable or 1/2'' drum cable with adapter #19268.

rick.
        as noted earlier.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

you da man

steve

Comment

Working...
          X